closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: some pics of (probably) the most amazing Patek I ever saw.

some pics of (probably) the most amazing Patek I ever saw.

I have seen a lot.
    Several repeater, perpetuals, chrono's, tourbillons.

But this 5207 might be the most interesting I saw. FYI I also saw and played with the Skymoon Tourbillon but I really did NOT like that watch.
    Yes, it's ultra complicated ...but imo .... ugly

The 5207 .... AMAZING

And ofcourse the movement

That is very cool and interesting. Fantastic pictures as well.

I checked out your blog after as well, amazing. Bookmarked it to spend some time checking it out.

Thanks for posting.

Very nice! That is probably a true "Holy Grail" for me (or possibly the 5208, which is a bit busier). Both are complex pieces of horology, but maintain a clean aesthetic, unlike some ultra-high-end pieces, which although amazing, stop being watches in the conventional sense.

just wow.... beautiful watch

Master
    Blog Entries
    Beauty and desire is individual, which is obviously good.

That does zero for me, the dial looks unbalanced and awkward. If it wasn't a Patek i don't think it would generate much interest at all, imo.

yep the 5207 is pretty effing amazing

That's something else. Stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post

That does zero for me, the dial looks unbalanced and awkward. If it wasn't a Patek i don't think it would generate much interest at all, imo.
    I think, in fairness, a perpetual calendar, minute repeater, tourbillon is pretty special from any manufacturer! The fact they chose to not to stick the tourbillon on the front makes it far superior to the "average" tourbillon IMO.

that dial looks unbalanced and awkward to you? seriously?

it's a pretty attractive and discreet design to me, especially with all the complications, and the tourbillon. imo of course but unbalanced?

Stunning simply stunning

Journeyman
    WOW!!!!!!!

Master
    Gorgeous looking watch, and a special one at that.

Journeyman
    Adam was right, this is going to be an expensive place to hang out . . . .
    That, is absolutely lovely . .

Master
    Well that's great, now my keyboard is covered in drool.

Seriously, what a work of art. Pinnacle of the watchmaker's art.

Can it really be worth that much, though? More than a house (and a big one at that)?

Great pics, that does look fantastic. The dial colour is really interesting, what's it described as?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Russo View Post
    that dial looks unbalanced and awkward to you? seriously?

it's a pretty attractive and discreet design to me, especially with all the complications, and the tourbillon. imo of course but unbalanced?
    I wager that if the dial was labelled Fortis or maybe Steinhart it would generate little or no interest at all.

It doesn't stimulate or generate any interest for me whatsoever.

I wager that if the dial was labelled Fortis or maybe Steinhart it would generate little or no interest at all.

ok

That's just plain incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody9811 View Post
    Great pics, that does look fantastic. The dial colour is really interesting, what's it described as?
    from pp website: "Gold dial “honey gold”, gold applied hour markers"

Craftsman
    What a lovely watch, I will need to come up on the lottery to get one of those but hey, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I think, in fairness, a perpetual calendar, minute repeater, tourbillon is pretty special from any manufacturer! The fact they chose to not to stick the tourbillon on the front makes it far superior to the "average" tourbillon IMO.
    Completely with Rob on this one, love the way PP don't break up the dial by displaying the tourbillon on the front, which I think is something Panerai also do, although I don't mind being corrected on that.

Malc

Yes,but few are fortunate enough to have one of these bloated hand,balanced dial beauties to keep themselves occupied with.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...light=explorer

I liked everything about it, until I saw the horrible decoration on the sides of the case. Sheesh ruins it for me.

sorry guys I know you'll wanna shoot me down as its a PP and all. But hey that's me

I'm not overly keen on most Patek from an aesthetics perspective, but that really is lovely.

The movement is to die for and I love the detailing on the case. The dial colour also adds interest and I think balanced & uncluttered.

Would love to see and hear one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    An amazing watch - the way it presents all that infomration so elegantly is fantastic. I don't know how much they cost..but I guess if you have to ask you can't afford it anyway!

I'm with shadowman on this one, that's just hideous, while those dial colours are about as bad as it gets. It joins its ugly sisters the aquanaut and nautilus as far as I'm concerned, though one saving grace is you could easily wear this watch face down.

PP's high-horology offerings are usually so pretty too... it's true you can't please all the people, all the time.

That piece is stunning,for some reason I find the hammers particularly attractive- but not practical as a daily wearer & is really only a showpiece isn't it? I believe it is only "dust proof". Whats the deal with the diamond? Is it a PP signature, or something?
    Last edited by Tony-GB; 31st March 2013 at 09:36.

To me it's one of those watches that, at first glance, is nothing special and could easily be overlooked.

If you stop and take a little time to look at it however, there are so many amazing details and such craftsmanship that you just can't help staring at it. It's a thing of absolute beauty.

I'm not normaly a fan of them myself but that really is a stunner

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    I liked everything about it, until I saw the horrible decoration on the sides of the case. Sheesh ruins it for me.

sorry guys I know you'll wanna shoot me down as its a PP and all. But hey that's me
    i am actually with you on the side case engraving, i never liked that on the 5207

Quote Originally Posted by studs View Post
    I'm with shadowman on this one, that's just hideous, while those dial colours are about as bad as it gets. It joins its ugly sisters the aquanaut and nautilus as far as I'm concerned, though one saving grace is you could easily wear this watch face down.

PP's high-horology offerings are usually so pretty too... it's true you can't please all the people, all the time.
    i absolutely love the honey/gold dial colours on the 5207

i also love the nautilus but never liked the aquanaut at all, with you there. we certainly all are different

and i certainly can't afford any of them

That is stunning and I like the engravings, keeps the rest of back nice and tidy.

Master
    Had my hands on a part finished one of these the other day - they're about 750,000 euros if I remember correctly. Serious workmanship and engineering, regardless of your thoughts on the aesthetics.

Blog Entries
    Good choice to put a display back on it :D

I don't like the windowed Patek calendars half as much as the dialled ones.

From the OP's blog, clearly the better choice

Amazing attention to detail but IMHO less is more and PP is not an exception..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Wow, a PP that I actually like. I generally find them a bit conspicuous (for my own personal taste) but I think that is a lovely colour and dial combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    That piece is stunning,for some reason I find the hammers particularly attractive- but not practical as a daily wearer & is really only a showpiece isn't it? I believe it is only "dust proof". Whats the deal with the diamond? Is it a PP signature, or something?
    Every platinum patek has a diamond between the lugs at 6 o'clock

Craftsman
    The decorations on the side is not for me either, and even though the dial colours are interesting and well combined, I'm not completely sold. It is a beautiful, amazing, complicated watch, but I would rather have the rose good, black dial version, I think.

Journeyman
    Not a fan of the gold dial, but otherwise I like it.

Master
    That is a beauty for sure. Great photos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno.M View Post
    Every platinum patek has a diamond between the lugs at 6 o'clock
    So it's not confused with a cheapo white gold case I believe

For me ALS make better looking watches than PP. would much rather most Langas over this PP.

Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    So it's not confused with a cheapo white gold case I believe
    right

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    For me ALS make better looking watches than PP. would much rather most Langas over this PP.
    i have difficulty with lange styling, like the abrupt lugs i see on them a lot

i have difficulty with lange styling, like the abrupt lugs i see on them a lot
    What about this one?

What about this one?

yep

yep
    DATO?

DATO?

ja