closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads up seiko black monster

Craftsman
    Strangely I was about to search for this thread again. It looks like they're being sold again but tough watches seem to have changed to class a watches. Weird.

Joe

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm. Buy one!

Master
    I'd buy one, except that I already have one!

The BM is an exceptional piece of kit, especially for that price.

Mine arrived yesterday looking great. Just need to adjust the bracelet size now. Did not anticipate needing specific tools for this. Any tips using normal tools?

Quote Originally Posted by danseed View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday looking great. Just need to adjust the bracelet size now. Did not anticipate needing specific tools for this. Any tips using normal tools?
    I used a Bergeon springbar tool to push the pins out, be careful you dont lose the pin collars though!

Quote Originally Posted by joe1978 View Post
    Strangely I was about to search for this thread again. It looks like they're being sold again but tough watches seem to have changed to class a watches. Weird.

Joe

Looking at my order Class A watches now seems to Monkey_Swag. Hope my OM arrives, but guess I have another 10 days to wait.

BTW "Class A" have the new BM with hacking movement for £180 shipped

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Looking at my order Class A watches now seems to Monkey_Swag. Hope my OM arrives, but guess I have another 10 days to wait.

BTW "Class A" have the new BM with hacking movement for £180 shipped
    Thats a cheap watch with the new movement , last time I looked they were around £240 , thats quite a drop :)

My 007 arrived a few days ago and all is well. From Singapore via Sweden by the looks of it. Strap adjusted and hasn't been off my wrist since. Happy days.

Master
    Yes, I managed to adjust the bracelet without losing the collars - this was helpful:

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchToo...TER%20bracelet

The only slightly tricky part was pushing the pin and collar back together without scratching anything. having 3 hands would help, but I used a pin-pusher vice in a way that wasn't quite intended, but with some success.

Quote Originally Posted by back to the top View Post
    Thats a cheap watch with the new movement , last time I looked they were around £240 , thats quite a drop :)
    lowest ive seen the new monster on the bay was 140 plus post
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

My OM arrived on Friday (ordered on the 24th) and I must say I'm delighted with it. Got the bracelet sized on sat and it's getting wrist time for the first time today. Very nice bit of kit at a good price-can't argue!!

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Yes, I managed to adjust the bracelet without losing the collars - this was helpful:

The only slightly tricky part was pushing the pin and collar back together without scratching anything. having 3 hands would help, but I used a pin-pusher vice in a way that wasn't quite intended, but with some success.
    That is an excellent tutorial: I've bookmarked it and only wish I'd seen it before...

Thanks for the link.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I managed to get the braclet sized and i have been wearing it over the weekend.....very impressed so far. This will give the speedy a rest now. I have however managed to polish out a couple of scratches on the glass of the speedmaster and replaced the strap with a leather Di-Modell Chronissimo. It is begging me to wear it now! Choices, choices!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    lowest ive seen the new monster on the bay was 140 plus post
    That's seriously good value for the new movement :) I shall keep my eyes peeled

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post

Fantastic- nice job Mark.

Master
    Having worn it for a couple of days, I think I need to take another link out of the bracelet, dammit.

So, I now need to find a time when I'm feeling calm & awake, and steady of hand, and I'm not going to get asked half way though to put up a shelf/empty the rubbish bins/collect daughter from the station...

My OM arrived today, 11 days after placing the order. Fantastic complete package of a new OM with all protective plastics in place, and guarantee stamped by Class A watches with a start date of tomorrow. What a watch! I know I have a Rolex Sub, but the design and quality of this is the muts nuts, and so much more in the flesh than any picture could convey. I love this.

Some Q&D iphone pics:

David

Cool

My OM arrived today, 11 days after placing the order. Fantastic complete package of a new OM with all protective plastics in place, and guarantee stamped by Class A watches with a start date of tomorrow. What a watch! I know I have a Rolex Sub, but the design and quality of this is the muts nuts, and so much more in the flesh than any picture could convey. I love this.

Some Q&D iphone pics:

David

Either a Rolex is way overpriced or seiko monsters are way too cheap!!
    They really do put higher priced watches to shame.... What mugs some of us have been

Heads up seiko black monster

I paid close to 3 times as much for the Lum-Tec in my signature, and as much as I like it, there is no comparison with the Monster.

Other than the movement and maybe the crystal, the Monster is the equal of my Sub-date. To be honest, the bracelet and clasp are probably better.

Way too cheap at £130, I would be satisfied at £500.

David

My Orange Monster, ordered from Tough Watches on Feb 25th, arrived today. Anticipated date was up to the 27th March so well ahead of schedule and I'm pleased with the delivery and the watch. Came from Singapore via Malmo in Sweden. My Black Monster has a friend, at last, to keep it company.

The OM came on a Seiko rubber, as ordered. Rubber is not my strap of choice but my BM is on a bracelet so I can chop and change.

You just get drawn in... So versatile.... So customisable... Yobokies... what do you have?

Its like a disease :-)

Yeah, a nice sapphire crystal is the only thing the monster is missing. Luckily it's an easy upgrade.

I paid close to 3 times as much for the Lum-Tec in my signature, and as much as I like it, there is no comparison with the Monster.

Other than the movement and maybe the crystal, the Monster is the equal of my Sub-date. To be honest, the bracelet and clasp are probably better.

Way too cheap at £130, I would be satisfied at £500.

David
    you dont work for seiko by any chance?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    you dont work for seiko by any chance?
    The NHS, a more controversial organisation.

Forgive me being effusive, but its a love thing. There was I thinking I had stopped being excited by watches.

All I need to do now us find someone that can resize the bracelet but not loose the collars or scratch the steel to bits.

The NHS, a more controversial organisation.

Forgive me being effusive, but its a love thing. There was I thinking I had stopped being excited by watches.

All I need to do now us find someone that can resize the bracelet but not loose the collars or scratch the steel to bits.
    I bought one of these..
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3904864388...84.m1439.l2649
    It was really easy in all honesty .just take your time and be as carefull as you can ...didn't have a problem with flying collars or anything in fact it was a lot harder to put the pin & collar back together once removed

Craftsman
    Bit the bullet and ordered an OM on bracelet. Here's to the wait!!
    Joe

Now £124 including shipping from Amazon for the OM, BM is £10 more. Tempted to get another

Journeyman
    I ordered an OM from them last week - will be interesting to see how long it takes...

Craftsman
    Just to update this thread.
    I ordered my OM on the 14th and it turned up this morning.
    Very well packaged and all in good working order.
    A dodgy iPhone pic for the masses.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

My orange monster also turned up this morning ordered on the 14 march really pleased with it :-) but I had forgot how much of a pain the bracelet adjustment is !!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRIAN554 View Post
    My orange monster also turned up this morning ordered on the 14 march really pleased with it :-) but I had forgot how much of a pain the bracelet adjustment is !!
    SNAP!

I'm in two minds whether to try it myself or take it to a local seiko dealer/jeweller.

Joe

SNAP!

I'm in two minds whether to try it myself or take it to a local seiko dealer/jeweller.

Joe
    Go for it. Faint heart and all that...

:)

SNAP!

Joe
    have a go just be really careful you dont misplace the collars there is a guide to help http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchToo...TER%20bracelet

SNAP!

Joe
    I spent £5 at a local jeweller. Money well spent for correct sizing, no scratches, and lack of anxiety.

D