closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival, Helson Skindiver, any strap alternatives?

New arrival, Helson Skindiver, any strap alternatives?

Well this little thing arrived yesterday and so far i'm really please with it. Really comfortable on the wrist and legible in all conditions.

I must say domed acrylic is quite extreme and takes a bit of getting used to, but I really like it.

Of course now I'm on the lookout for some other type of strap, anyone have any options or experience:

A quick google has pointed me to a Toshi fudge but would be interested to see if anyone has had any experiences with these?

Quick iPhone shot:

New arrival, Helson Skindiver, any strap alternatives?

Nice looking watch. I would personally wear that on black rubber and dark brown thick leather straps (ala Toshi).

To my eye, the Skindiver appears to be the same size and shape as this Milspec (both being Blancpain homages), and I think the rally Tropic straps are a natural.

Blog Entries
    I would recommend a Brady strap.

Looks good with the style of the watch imho.

I have one of these (black/black sharkskin), unused, if you are interested. I don't think I'll be using it. It's 22mm. I bought it for a watch with 21mm lugs, and it doesn't fit. PM me if interested to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    I would recommend a Brady strap.

Looks good with the style of the watch imho.

I have one of these (black/black sharkskin), unused, if you are interested. I don't think I'll be using it. It's 22mm. I bought it for a watch with 21mm lugs, and it doesn't fit. PM me if interested to buy it.

Thanks for the offer, I think the Helson lug width is 20mm though.

Quote Originally Posted by TakesALickin View Post
    To my eye, the Skindiver appears to be the same size and shape as this Milspec (both being Blancpain homages), and I think the rally Tropic straps are a natural.

That looks good, and that bezel looks awesone too!

Apprentice
    Used to own a Skindiver until I found a PRS-50B and the Skindiver seemed redundant. I think the Fifty Fathoms style watches look great on mesh.

Yesss mesh all the way for me , love that look

Blog Entries
    Ok - been in your situation and tried a few options....

I liked mine on a mesh:

Or a nato:

(Orange is possibly a little extreme, but brown was nice!)

Lumpy worked ok:

Or leather, Hirsch Liberty:

One of Eddies canvas straps in sand was a favourite:

But best of all for me was the aforementioned Fudge Toshi, ticks all the boxes, super comfortable and stunning look:

There are a few choices for you! Good luck with the search...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    Ok - been in your situation and tried a few options....

But best of all for me was the aforementioned Fudge Toshi, ticks all the boxes, super comfortable and stunning look:

There are a few choices for you! Good luck with the search...

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for these options, but certainly at the moment the Toshi is pretty much the look i'm after. Some of the nato's are a good shout too.

Miles

Blog Entries
    No probs Miles.

Rich is a great chap and very helpful, if you haven't bought from him before his straps are the best IMHO...

Also found this possible alternative in an old thread I started a while back:

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf View Post
    If you can get over your dislike of rubber /silicone, try it on an isofrane. I posted about this recently. I think it suits the head perfectly and is incredibly comfortable. The OEM rubber wasn't bad, but this is just right. The watch head works well with a strap with a bit more substance.

Eddies retro rubber http://www.timefactors.com/rubber.htm would fit the bill perfectly and won't break the bank...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    No probs Miles.

Rich is a great chap and very helpful, if you haven't bought from him before his straps are the best IMHO...

Also found this possible alternative in an old thread I started a while back:

Eddies retro rubber http://www.timefactors.com/rubber.htm would fit the bill perfectly and won't break the bank...

Rob
    Thanks Rob (again!),

That looks a great option also.

Guess I'll have to grin and bare it and stump up the £80 for a Toshi too.

Miles