closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bulova Precisionist 50% off...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Hmm...so it may disappoint in the metal (?)

Well the box arrived yesterday but I'm yet to open it (last minute plans and dash to friends' for NYE).

I really should open it today then I guess, hadn't I?

(after this cup of tea I'm having, shower etc. )
    Well, first impressions (model ; 96B129):

It's a big watch.

It's solid, heavy and feels very-well built. The bracelet is excellent ( very long, will probably need about 5 links out!)

The hand sweep is lovely although if I'm totally honest, I'm a tiny bit disappointed it's not even smoother. To compare it to the near-perfect glide of a Seiko Spring Drive which is over twenty times more dear would be unfair though.

The case does curve over in shape and hence over the wrist, as I mentioned I had noticed in photos, earlier in this thread. Not sure I'm keen on this tbh.

The dial design does have a slightly cheap look to it; 'might be the numerals - not refined imo but again, some consideration must be given to the price point. As I said, no complaints about the tangible quality and build.

A small aside. Scott, could you let me know if you have the same issue. There is a small yellow plastic tag fitted between the crown and case which I can't break off and I seemingly won't be able to remove without the crown having to come off. Wondering if I'm missing something but if this is something that should have been removed after manufacture, this would just be so typically the sort of thing that happens to me!

I'll let you know as soon as it arrives - hopefully be here tomorrow.

It'll be good to compare it to the Seiko sweep - but I think I'm just going to buy a GS GMT to have that base covered.

Always good to try these things though, and I am sure at the price point it is fairly good value - but will reserve judgement until I'd have a good couple of weeks with it. I have read a few good reviews and one with a few cons - i.e. too much hand slack when changing time making it hard to get the right minute etc.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I thought the yellow plastic piece was to stop the watch from running?

I'm sure it'd come off after pulling the crown out.

The yellow plastic bit is to stop the watch and save the battery. It came off very easily on mine (I have the brown dial and strap model) when I pulled the crown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I'll let you know as soon as it arrives - hopefully be here tomorrow.

It'll be good to compare it to the Seiko sweep - but I think I'm just going to buy a GS GMT to have that base covered.

Always good to try these things though, and I am sure at the price point it is fairly good value - but will reserve judgement until I'd have a good couple of weeks with it. I have read a few good reviews and one with a few cons - i.e. too much hand slack when changing time making it hard to get the right minute etc.
    There is a bit of slack and there is no comparison with the sweep of a GS. Nice watch for the money and I really like the curved case and crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    There is a bit of slack and there is no comparison with the sweep of a GS. Nice watch for the money and I really like the curved case and crystal.
    i have played with one in store, but I've only owned one GS spring drive and one none GS spring drive. But even so, there is no comparison in the overall finish, but that said the £100 odd pound GS spring drive is yet to be made ;)

rsykes2000/esm,

Thanks, I've sorted it now. At first, I wasn't able to get my nail in between the crown and tag to pull the crown out - Was perhaps a bit worried about pulling the tag off too roughly and affecting the crown but actually being gentle and easing it off was straightforward.

Also - didn't notice much hand slack to be honest. I've seen a lot worse.

Well, happily surprised! Watch is great, fits well and although similarly with the Seiko MM300 - I wish they built it to a higher price and finish, but for the money is is great.

I like the 3 stepped dial - numbers are a little shiny and case could be finished to a higher spec, but I'm very pleased with it and it is different enough from any of my other watches to warrant its place :)

All in all a very good budget purchase and better than some much more expensive Tissot etc. that I've handled.

Oh, no hand slack on mine - which I was very relieved about :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Well, happily surprised! Watch is great, fits well and although similarly with the Seiko MM300 - I wish they built it to a higher price and finish, but for the money is is great.

I like the 3 stepped dial - numbers are a little shiny and case could be finished to a higher spec, but I'm very pleased with it and it is different enough from any of my other watches to warrant its place :)

All in all a very good budget purchase and better than some much more expensive Tissot etc. that I've handled.

Oh, no hand slack on mine - which I was very relieved about :)
    Can you do us some photos when you get a chance?