Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
Hmm...so it may disappoint in the metal (?)

Well the box arrived yesterday but I'm yet to open it (last minute plans and dash to friends' for NYE).

I really should open it today then I guess, hadn't I?

(after this cup of tea I'm having, shower etc. )
Well, first impressions (model ; 96B129):

It's a big watch.

It's solid, heavy and feels very-well built. The bracelet is excellent ( very long, will probably need about 5 links out!)

The hand sweep is lovely although if I'm totally honest, I'm a tiny bit disappointed it's not even smoother. To compare it to the near-perfect glide of a Seiko Spring Drive which is over twenty times more dear would be unfair though.

The case does curve over in shape and hence over the wrist, as I mentioned I had noticed in photos, earlier in this thread. Not sure I'm keen on this tbh.

The dial design does have a slightly cheap look to it; 'might be the numerals - not refined imo but again, some consideration must be given to the price point. As I said, no complaints about the tangible quality and build.

A small aside. Scott, could you let me know if you have the same issue. There is a small yellow plastic tag fitted between the crown and case which I can't break off and I seemingly won't be able to remove without the crown having to come off. Wondering if I'm missing something but if this is something that should have been removed after manufacture, this would just be so typically the sort of thing that happens to me!