closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pretty impressed for the money

Pretty impressed for the money

I had to sell my PRS-5 recently for financial reasons and have missed a mil-chrono-style watch since. A recent SC post for an issued Pulsar mil-chrono got me looking into the non-issued version as a cheaper alternative.

It arrived a couple of days ago and went straight onto a Time Factors green nato. I have to say that I'm impressed. Visually it's true to the issued version except for the lack of the 'L' on the dial. The chrono functions work perfectly.

The brushed case is very nice although I'd have preferred brushed pushers to polished I have to say. Lume is good but I don't know how long lasting yet. Size and weight ratio are excellent and way better than some more expensive pieces I've owned.

All-in-all a pretty good buy for sub £60 (if you shop around) :)

David

[/img]

[/img]

Master

Re: Pretty impressed for the money

bargain! looks nice and clean, might purchase as a work watch.

Nice - Looks very similar to the Seiko 7a28.

Blog Entries

David,

I couldn't agree more. I've been toying with the idea of an issued Seiko Gen 1 for years, but never quite managed to talk myself into buying one...

When this:

Came up on SC last week at a fraction of the cost of a Gen 1 I couldn't resist and don't regret it for a sec. At the price it was a no brainer, since the tuna departed I've been looking for a replacement grab'n'go quartz and this fits the bill perfectly. Never had a quartz chrono before and watching the 1/10 sec hand spinning round and then watching everything spin backwards to reset is great fun!

Rob

Journeyman

Looks considerably more than £60 watch.

Journeyman

Oh,thats perfect for a mate of mine,thanks.

I know, the more I wear it I can't believe it was so well priced. That chrono reset threw me the first time I saw it 'rewind' though :D

And spookily, my love of mil-chronos also started with the Seiko Gen 1 but like you I could never be in the right place at the right time with the right amount of cash.

I'm going to buy a brown lether aviator from TSS that I had on my PRS-5 (should have kept it - DOH!), what do you think?

[/img]

Enjoy :)

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM
    David,

I couldn't agree more. I've been toying with the idea of an issued Seiko Gen 1 for years, but never quite managed to talk myself into buying one...

When this:

Came up on SC last week at a fraction of the cost of a Gen 1 I couldn't resist and don't regret it for a sec. At the price it was a no brainer, since the tuna departed I've been looking for a replacement grab'n'go quartz and this fits the bill perfectly. Never had a quartz chrono before and watching the 1/10 sec hand spinning round and then watching everything spin backwards to reset is great fun!

Rob

Pretty impressed for the money

There have been a couple of the Seiko variants on SC this last week or so at around the £65 mark (£140ish new). I was a few post short of the 250 so missed out but I'm waiting patiently.... And of course it will go on a green NATO.

I too was drawn by the Gen 1 and 2 but am struggling with the price of them at the moment.

Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli
    I know, the more I wear it I can't believe it was so well priced. That chrono reset threw me the first time I saw it 'rewind' though :D

And spookily, my love of mil-chronos also started with the Seiko Gen 1 but like you I could never be in the right place at the right time with the right amount of cash.

I'm going to buy a brown leather aviator from TSS that I had on my PRS-5 (should have kept it - DOH!), what do you think?

[/img]

Enjoy :)
    Not only do I think that the issued Seiko could be a little overpriced, (imo) but I also worry it could turn out to be a little small for my taste ...

The Pulsar has had some bad reviews, but I won't be wearing mine in combat, (utmost respect to those who do) and have found no probs with quality so far.

I think it would look great on the TSS strap David, I don't like rivets personally, but would like to see how it looks! 8)

Cheers,

Rob