closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy Hodgson for England >>>>>

Re: Roy Hodgson for England >>>>>

'Stevie G, Lamps, JT' - All yesterday's men Hodgson needs to confine to history.

Fresh start, fresh players nobody over 30, players who will be at their peak over the next 5 years.

Master

He will be like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

A big well done to the FA for totally f***ing our season

Quote Originally Posted by Chabsy
    He will be like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

A big well done to the FA for totally f***ing our season
    Indeed. From The Guardian...

The morning of Friday 3 February and it is announced by the Football Association that John Terry has been stripped of the England captaincy for the second time in two years. Hearing the news break, Tottenham Hotspur supporters may well have afforded themselves a wry grin, pleasure taken from yet another humiliation for the captain of a rival club. The weeks since, however, have seen the smile well and truly wiped from their faces.

For the decision taken on that winter's day set off a chain reaction which many argue has ruined Spurs' season and, after Sunday's revelation that the FA is to interview Roy Hodgson in regards to the vacant England manager's post, perhaps affected Harry Redknapp, the club's manager, in a manner from which he may not recover.

Terry's sacking led to Fabio Capello's resignation, which in turn led to Redknapp being made the clear favourite to become the Italian's successor. On the same day as Capello walked away from the national team, 8 February, Redknapp was found not guilty at his tax evasion case at Southwark crown court. He was a free man and it appeared only a matter of time before the 65-year-old was offered what he has since described as the "ultimate job".

The FA held back, however, afraid of disrupting Spurs' campaign. At the time they were third in the Premier League and legitimate challengers for the title. What has followed, however, has been the mother of collapses, with the London club winning just three of their next 11 matches – the most recent of which was Sunday's 2-0 victory over Blackburn Rovers – and seeing not only their hope of landing the championship for the first time since 1961 go up in smoke but also their seemingly concrete chances of qualifying for the Champions League gradually crumble – they are fourth, four points behind Arsenal in third and ahead of Newcastle United in fifth by goal difference alone.

Tottenham's FA Cup dreams have also been ended, with Redknapp's men thumped 5-1 by Chelsea in their semi?final on 15 April, albeit partly thanks to a dubious goal form Juan Mata, and it is impossible not to believe the speculation surrounding Redknapp and his seemingly inevitable departure to take over England, most likely ahead of Euro2012, has not played its part.

That much can be taken from the manner in which Spurs have put the shutters down at Redknapp's weekly press conferences. Since the end of February, all questions regarding the identity of Capello's successor have been barred, leaving Redknapp sitting awkwardly as the inevitable queries have kept coming his way. For it is no secret that the man who began his managerial career at Bournemouth in 1983 prior to spells with West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Portsmouth again and then, in October 2008, Spurs, has wanted the England job for some time, but with the FA unwilling to make its move, and he desperate to keep his Spurs players focused on the task ahead, there is little Redknapp has been able to do but bite his lip.

But the silence has helped no one, Spurs principally, who can now only wonder how their season would have panned out had Terry remained as England captain and Capello as manager. Could they have chased down the two Manchester clubs for the title? Possibly. Would they have qualified for the Champions League by now? Probably.

Their play has undeniably lost its early-season vigour and since 8 February a team who appeared able to score at will have failed to do so in four separate games. Gareth Bale for one believes the uncertainty over Redknapp's future has been a contributing factor and hinted at the weekend that he could leave in the summer for a club in Europe's elite competition.

Spurs, meanwhile, are likely to be left cursing the damage caused to a manager who, having for so long felt he was destined for his country's call, may now be too mentally shot to continue anywhere.

Master

Mike Basett for England

Master

So Big Sam can relax then?

If they want an Englishman for the job I don't think they could do better than Roy personally.

What other candidates are there?

He has managed all around the world including Inter Milan so he certainly knows how foreign teams operate and look what he has done with West Brom.

Harry was an ex West Ham player and manager but nobody likes him there because of his dodginess and backstabbing.

There is a lot of pressure in the England job and the way Spuds fell apart :lol: since he had his head turned with the England job just show he is not the man in a pressure situation.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor
    We're not even that keen on him at West Ham. :lol:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C
    Neil. Judging by the Hammers fans I know, that might be an understatement. :lol:

Neil. Judging by the Hammers fans I know, that might be an understatement. :lol:
    I was being polite. :lol: :wink:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

[quote=Neil.C]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Neil.C":djhh79sv
    I was being polite. :lol: :wink:[/quote:djhh79sv]

As all Hammers are Neil. :D

Me? I'll wait and see how his teams perform before passing judgement.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    Mike Basett for England
    Can we pull Billy The Fish out of retirement also? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by nesima
    Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM
    An honest manager, a touch of class about him, great experience and fairly successful, would probably have the respect of the players. I personally think Hodgson is a decent choice. Only Liverpool fans cannot see they should have given the bloke a chance and he would have had Liverpool ticking I think.
    Liverpool would be top 4 with Hodgson still in charge and competitive for the Premiership.

Instead they are now hilarious with old grave face in charge, lucky to make the top half of the table.
    :lol:

Absolutely clueless.

Hodgson should never have been given the job as Liverpool Manager. The previous owners brought him in to be their yes man after they sacked Rafa Benitez who stood up to them for bleeding the club dry and nearly forcing the club to go bust. Liverpool was always too big a job for Hodgson, I don't blame him for taking it just like I don't blame him for taking the England job but all the England fans are going to see for themselves what he's like. He'll use 50 words when 5 will do and end up shooting himself in the foot. The media who championed him for the Liverpool job are going to slaughter him and everyone will reaise why he was never taken to the Liverpool supporters' hearts. It's not my problem anymore so I don't care I'm just glad he only lasted 6 months at Anfield.
    Even though the Liverpool fans didn't want him they backed him to start with and gave him a chance but time and again he didn't help himself. As soon as he started talking it was clear he wasn't a Liverpool Manger describing a 1-0 win at Bolton as " A famous win for Liverpool FC" and a defeat to Everton as "The best performance of the season" I can give you a whole list of embarrassing quotes from his time at Anfield. I'll not bother posting them here. Roy Hodgson - Liverpool Manager, just seeing those words still makes me cringe. He's done well at the likes of Fulham and WBA where expectations aren't high but he was never the right man to Manage Liverpool. I'll leave you with these quotes about Hodgson's time as Liverpool Manger.

From Dion Fanning:

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

From The Guardian:

"The calls for Dalglish did not commence until Blackpool beat Liverpool at Anfield in Hodgson's 14th game in charge...

The veteran's resistance to criticism was wafer-thin, a surprise after two stints at Internazionale. He rounded on Liverpool fans and asked where the "famous Anfield support" had gone after a home defeat by Wolverhampton Wanderers. His downbeat public pronouncements may have reflected turmoil at Liverpool but did nothing to assuage the aspirations of a demanding support. Likewise the friendship with Sir Alex Ferguson, whom Hodgson refused to take to task after he had labelled Fernando Torres a cheat and whom he listed as one of the all-time managerial greats. There was no mention of Bill Shankly or Bob Paisley.

But it was not Ferguson, Dalglish, divisive owners, Poulsen, a media agenda or small-time comments that did for Hodgson. No, it was the worst football witnessed at Anfield in half a century, a Carling Cup third-round exit at home to Northampton Town and a return of seven wins in 20 league games that left the club four points above the relegation zone when his reign was brought to an end. The style was encapsulated one afternoon when Daniel Agger tried to play his way out of defence. "Just fucking launch it!" came the rebuke from the technical area."

I see there being two problems here. Firstly, the clamour for quick success in the Premier League has brought a wave of foreign players and managers to these shores, and in return has stunted the growth of really world class English players and managers, so in looking for an English manager the FA really do have very little choice in who to appoint.

Secondly, and more relevant IMO, is the FA themselves. They seem to set high moral standards when selecting a new manager yet their own in house behaviour beggars belief (Terry Venables was let go because of allegations yet Euro 96 was the first time since the 90 World Cup semi finals that you though we had a chance) and they have lost all semblence of power and control in the country to the Premier League.

The only way that the England squad will improve is for the FA to prioritise Enland.

For the England job you need IMO to be youngish and enthusiasm to drive people. I personally would have given the job to the Southampton manager Adkins, he will have an outstanding career I think.

Devastated :(

Roy seems like a decent fella and seems to get average teams playing well but at Liverpool he never seemed to have the dressing room with him, i am not convinced he can motivate a better class of player. England is full of over paid egos, the press pick the squad most of the time and i don't believe Roy has the bottle to make a complete departure from the old guard in the squad.

I would love to be proved wrong but for me once again the FA have made a huge mistake and resigned the team to continued utter failure for the next 4 years minimum.

Please prove me wrong Roy and despite the above I do want him to be a success.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp
    For the England job you need IMO to be youngish and enthusiasm to drive people. I personally would have given the job to the Southampton manager Adkins, he will have an outstanding career I think.

Not if he took the England job he wouldn't. There are few jobs in the world where the weight of expectation is so great and the prospect of any sort of success so tiny.

Is he intelligible :D ........ given that most of them mumble.

Rod

I personally couldn't a monkey's about the England team or who the manager is. Having said that Hodgson is English and seems like a decent bloke (and let's face it he can't be worse than Steve McClaren) but best of all for me, is it looks like that for once it's Bagpuss Redknapp that may be have been shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II
    He'll use 50 words when 5 will do and end up shooting himself in the foot. The media who championed him for the Liverpool job are going to slaughter him and everyone will reaise why he was never taken to the Liverpool supporters' hearts. It's not my problem anymore so I don't care I'm just glad he only lasted 6 months at Anfield.
    Even though the Liverpool fans didn't want him they backed him to start with and gave him a chance but time and again he didn't help himself. As soon as he started talking it was clear he wasn't a Liverpool Manger describing a 1-0 win at Bolton as " A famous win for Liverpool FC" and a defeat to Everton as "The best performance of the season" I can give you a whole list of embarrassing quotes from his time at Anfield. I'll not bother posting them here. Roy Hodgson - Liverpool Manager, just seeing those words still makes me cringe. He's done well at the likes of Fulham and WBA where expectations aren't high but he was never the right man to Manage Liverpool.
    Agree with all of this. He talked too much...he was way too open with the Press by Liverpool standards. And even entertaining transfer talk (Torres at the time was a rumoured to be linked with OT) or kissing SAF's backside is just not done at Liverpool. It was painful to watch and his habit of trying to be everyone's best friend and not offend meant he often talked himself into a stew and was just very damaging. The players and fans did not feel protected and disunity resulted. From that point on, he had a battle on his hands. Poor Hodgson but his personality was just not right for Anfield, not to mention the worst football I've ever seen Liverpool play in 20 years.

Liverpool fans gave him a gracious welcome when WBA came to Anfield a couple of weeks ago so it's just nonsense that they had no respect for him. They just didn't feel he was right for the club. No hard feelings linger.

Master

Right will get my tin hat on.

Jesus Christ himself could manage England and they will not do anything in tournaments, quite simply England does not have the quality of players or the mentality the top european or world countries / teams have. And even if he came down to manage England he'd get slaughtered by someone or other.

There are NO English managers with any sort of track record or pedigree in winning titles or european tournaments. As such certainly give the managers job to an Englishman but then dont b***h at them, whoever they may be, when a) the players dont come up with the goods (see above) and b) the manager isnt up to it (see above).

The England job is a nightmare, you dont actually coach the players as you dont get enough time with them, you cant "manage" them as you dont get enough time with them, yet its your fault when it all goes to pot. You have to work with what you've got. And in that respect i think Hodgeson is a better bet than Rednapp.

But remember you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear :wink:

However, on the basis of International football and experience at the top level in the short term Gus Hiddink is your man :D

Master

Fair point, clearly history has told us over the last 20/30 years that we just are not good enough, or more to the point we just don't seem to have the ''winning'' menmtality (see numerous penalty shoot outs) so to that end it is partly irrelevant who manges the team.

If it's between Redknapp and Hodgson theres not much in it. Neither has won a great deal and both have lots of experience. Lots of talk about HR being a brilliant motivator etc, no doubt he has had an effect on Spurs but the last 3 months he hasn't been able to keep it going.

I think Hodgson will do ok, providing the media don't have those knives ready and sharpened......

Quote Originally Posted by spogehead
    Fair point, clearly history has told us over the last 20/30 years that we just are not good enough, or more to the point we just don't seem to have the ''winning'' menmtality (see numerous penalty shoot outs) so to that end it is partly irrelevant who manges the team.

If it's between Redknapp and Hodgson theres not much in it. Neither has won a great deal and both have lots of experience. Lots of talk about HR being a brilliant motivator etc, no doubt he has had an effect on Spurs but the last 3 months he hasn't been able to keep it going.

I think Hodgson will do ok, providing the media don't have those knives ready and sharpened
    Sharpened? They've already started sticking the knife in.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... dgson.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... erage.html

Never has a man gone to the gallows looking so gormlessly cheerful.
    37 years of experience about to be dismantled in less than 37 days

It's amusing to now watch the same people who slated and damned Liverpool and their fans for being nasty to Roy Hodgson now start to realise just how much of a mess they're in with Hodgson coming to manage England. When he was in charge at Liverpool, these people said that "being a nice guy with loads of experience" and "doing well at Fulham" was more than enough to excuse our horrific downward spiral. However, he's not even taken the job yet and suddenly he "doesn't really have enough of the right experience". :lol:

Well, let's face it - Samuels hits the nail on the head in the second of your links. The appointment's pathetic, much like the FA itself.

Master

I think Hodgson will do ok, providing the media don't have those knives ready and sharpened

It's amusing to now watch the same people who slated and damned Liverpool and their fans for being nasty to Roy Hodgson now start to realise just how much of a mess they're in with Hodgson coming to manage England. When he was in charge at Liverpool, these people said that "being a nice guy with loads of experience" and "doing well at Fulham" was more than enough to excuse our horrific downward spiral. However, he's not even taken the job yet and suddenly he "doesn't really have enough of the right experience". :lol:
    That is just one and it is Martin Samuel.. :wink:

I really thought he was harshly dealt with by Liverpool looking from the outside, he hardly had a chance IMO.

Hodgson win ration > 41.94% 31 games
    Dalglish > 48.57% 70 games

Had Hodgson been afforded the time that Kenny has had things might just have been different.

That is just one and it is Martin Samuel.. :wink:

I really thought he was harshly dealt with by Liverpool looking from the outside, he hardly had a chance IMO.

Hodgson win ration > 41.94% 31 games
    Dalglish > 48.57% 70 games

Had Hodgson been afforded the time that Kenny has had things might just have been different.
    Yes that's just one and I didn't even do a proper search :wink:

Please read my previous posts on the reasons why Hodgson was never going to get the time either and was never the man for Liverpool, if he's been afforded the time we'd be in the Championship now. I like the way you didn't mention the two Cup Finals :wink:

Master

Partially true - only a moron would believe that we should or even could have a remote chance of winning anything (which includes plenty of people on here, I suspect) but to put it down to the lack of a winning mentality (or passion, or whatever red top cliche people prefer) is wrong - the players aren't good enough and have been getting consistently worse since the late 90s. In the absence of a 2nd tier or emerging nations tournament, we should reconcile ourselves to the reality that qualifying represents adequate performance, getting out of the group reasonable achievement, and making it beyond the first knock-out stage excellence.

I like the way you didn't mention the two Cup Finals
    Always look on the bright side, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger

I like the way you didn't mention the two Cup Finals
    Always look on the bright side, eh?
    No you're right I'm going to be gutted if we beat Chelsea on Saturday and win our second trophy of the season :lol:

Master

Partially true - only a moron would believe that we should or even could have a remote chance of winning anything (which includes plenty of people on here, I suspect) but to put it down to the lack of a winning mentality (or passion, or whatever red top cliche people prefer) is wrong - the players aren't good enough and have been getting consistently worse since the late 90s. In the absence of a 2nd tier or emerging nations tournament, we should reconcile ourselves to the reality that qualifying represents adequate performance, getting out of the group reasonable achievement, and making it beyond the first knock-out stage excellence.
    Agreed, maybe I was being too kind and reluctant to accept that we really aren't good enough. Media ruins it for everyone by raising expectations to unrealistic levels. Looks like poor old Roy is dead in the water again as the media wanted our 'arry.

Master

Well, the media wanted their 'Arry as did the players and the non-football watching public. This being the G&D rather than the BP, I'll limit myself to saying that the players and public are the last people the FA should listen to when selecting a manager, and that the press have a vested interested as most of them have Harry on speed-dial.

When was the last time we witnessed an England player playing with pride,passion and commitment? thats whats wrong with the national side pity any manager who is stupid enough to accept the poison chalice its a lose lose appointment.

I wonder what the severance package will be :occasion1:

I had a chuckle at ITV's comparison betweep Roy and Harry.... 14 clubs v 5, 3 nations v O but then major trophies...Roy was written off as no major trophies outside of Scandinavia (no mention of the circumstances of his first Swedish league title, in particular or the other 5)....while Harry had two major trophies....the Intertoto Cup :D ....and of course his FA Cup.

I just don't think he can get teams playing the way people want England to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    I had a chuckle at ITV's comparison betweep Roy and Harry.... 14 clubs v 5, 3 nations v O but then major trophies...Roy was written off as no major trophies outside of Scandinavia (no mention of the circumstances of his first Swedish league title, in particular or the other 5)....while Harry had two major trophies....the Intertoto Cup :D ....and of course his FA Cup.
    This is true. :lol:

The reason I think Hodgson would be a better England manager than old saggy chops is that he has relevant international management experience with a European country.

In fact when he was Switzerland manager they actually managed to be rated third highest in the world in the FIFA rankings. :shock:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

This is the same situation that arose in the 1970's when everybody wanted Brian Clough to manage England...the FA bottled it and appointed Ron Greenwood. He managed us for 5 years 1977 to 1982 we failed to qualify for the world cup in 1978. Played 55 matches of which we won 33. He had a 71% success rate. In the 1982 world cup we were knocked out unbeaten :(
    Roy Hodgson = Ron Greenwood he's a steady Eddie...but I doubt we will ever win anything with him in charge. With Hoodle, Keegan, Brooking etc in his team Greenwood should have achieved a lot more :? Hodgson has a far less talent to choose from..
    At least with 'Arry we'd have given it a go...I can see a few 0-0's coming :|

If Roy clears out the dead wood and starts again with young players who will show some respect for the experience he has he will be ok....much easier to do that on the England scene than at a club I think.

If Roy clears out the dead wood and starts again with young players who will show some respect for the experience he has he will be ok....much easier to do that on the England scene than at a club I think.
    Yep,

.....and there is quite a bit of dead wood too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    I really hope I'm wrong but I think it will all end in tears. Like McClaren, Hogson is great at taking small teams with small egos and getting them to out-perform themselves. Hand a big team with big egos and he doesn't do well. If he completely reforms the team using players few have heard of then it might work but otherwise he's destined to fail, IMHO. :?
    What about his two stints at Inter, granted he did ok if not spectacular, but he couldnt have been that bad if they asked him to come back :lol:

What a waste of an opportunity. Depressing. Resolutely average.

Hodgson is about as exciting as shopping at Austen Reed. He's is the Sekonda of football managers. The john major of football (which means what comes after him will be so bad we'll think that perhaps he wasn't so bad after all).

We're reaching for the low overcast clouds with this guy. Maclaren part 2. Sorry...mistyped that...Maclaren prat 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow

Hodgson is about as exciting as shopping at Austen Reed. He's is the Sekonda of football managers. The john major of football (which means what comes after him will be so bad we'll think that perhaps he wasn't so bad after all).

We're reaching for the low overcast clouds with this guy. Maclaren part 2. Sorry...mistyped that...Maclaren prat 2.
    We had two relatively 'exciting' managers previously. How did that turn out? This guy has significantly more experience than Maclaren has and we really should give him a chance. With the lot we've got he can't really do much worse

Master

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    I really hope I'm wrong but I think it will all end in tears. Like McClaren, Hogson is great at taking small teams with small egos and getting them to out-perform themselves. Hand a big team with big egos and he doesn't do well. If he completely reforms the team using players few have heard of then it might work but otherwise he's destined to fail, IMHO. :?
    I'd argue that England are a small team (tiny, in fact) with monstrous egos. I'd agree though that it'll end in tears - the imbecilic public wanted 'Arry, the press wanted 'Arry and the players wanted 'Arry, so the public will turn on him, the press will (continue to) slate him at every opportunity and the players will continue to play like a bunch of spanners in the hope of getting him sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow

We had two relatively 'exciting' managers previously. How did that turn out? This guy has significantly more experience than Maclaren has and we really should give him a chance. With the lot we've got he can't really do much worse
    Really? Two exciting managers? Capello was expensive but not exciting. And I presume you're classing Sven as one of those are you? Nancy face-like-a-bag-of-walnuts might agree with you, but not me.

You seems to be mistaking 'expensive' for exciting. Whilst he certainly isn't expensive, Hodgson's appointment is a tacit admission that we're not going to contend for title places, but that we'd be happy with quarter final finishes.

Also, I don't quite get this whole experience thing. Experience doesn't make you great. Guardiola is less experienced than Neil Warnock, but I know which one I'd rather have. Hodgson is much more experienced that Mourinho, but in all the wrong areas.

Master

Really? Two exciting managers? Capello was expensive but not exciting. And I presume you're classing Sven as one of those are you? Nancy face-like-a-bag-of-walnuts might agree with you, but not me.
    What exactly do you mean by exciting? Oh, and by being happy with going out at the quarter finals, England generally (and somewhat surprisingly) seems to hover around 8th on the FIFA ranking, so as mentioned previously, one could say that a quarter final place represents meeting expectations.

Craftsman

In fact when he was Switzerland manager they actually managed to be rated third highest in the world in the FIFA rankings. :shock:
    Yes, he's fondly remembered here. Probably the best manager of the national football team we ever had. Nice guy, too, he was very popular.

Master

As a Welshman I can give an unbiased opinion, and bear in mind that we had John Toshack as our manager for years, so I know all about national teams doing nothing....

Why not Roy Hodgson? I believe he's had 17 clubs in 8 countries and won 6 or 7 titles. He has massive experience, plus international experience gained in managing Switzerland (and improving them no end) and Finland too. He's available, he's prepared to work cheaper than Capello or Eriksson and will come without having to buy out a contract.

Now the 'people's choice' of Harry Redknapp..... well.... umm..... err..... Oh. He's a cheeky cockney chappie.... and the media love him. For now, anyway.....

Can't see any problem with Hodgson, myself.

What exactly do you mean by exciting? Oh, and by being happy with going out at the quarter finals, England generally (and somewhat surprisingly) seems to hover around 8th on the FIFA ranking, so as mentioned previously, one could say that a quarter final place represents meeting expectations.
    I'm going to guess that 'exciting managers' means exciting signings, signings that make you feel the FA are really serious about getting results.....you go out and spend money on getting managers that have won the Champions League, League titles in several countries...that kind of thing.

Craftsman

With the players at his disposal I think Hodgson will be as good or better than Redknapp. We are very mediocra and while we can bully smaller nations, we will have to grind out results against the better teams.

I don't expect us to play attractive football unfortunately, but I expect us to be organised and disciplined.

To achieve a lot at a tournament we will need to be lucky. Given what he appears to get away with perhaps that should have been Redknapp after all...

Banned

Good luck to him i think he,s a good un.

All those journalists who defended his time at Anfield are now questioning his credentials now he's actually the Manager of their National team. SKY said today 'He has some convincing to do to prove he is the right man'

Where have I heard that before?

Now he's England manager and national property the press will be raking up anything and everything on him. In that respect I feel sorry for him, they're now bringing up that he once supported apartheid by playing in an all white league during the Apartheid era in South Africa. You'd think the FA would have done they're homework after the example they made of Luis Suarez! Then again it is the FA.

For all those people on the outside saying Liverpool didn't give him enough time here are a few reasons for you.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-new...578-27926316/?

I wish him and England supporters all the luck, they're going to need it.