closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A bit hacked off with Rolex HQ today

A bit hacked off with Rolex HQ today

Just got off the phone to them with a simple request. Recently, the pillow in the Rolex box has been modified from an oval to a flexible W profile version. Because I have small wrists my watches are a very tight fit on them now, so I just wanted to know if I can buy a couple of new pillows.

Got the 'we don't sell boxes or box components' answer.

I would have though they'd have a facility for customers to buy the odd item for their own use!

Perhaps I'm just asking too much to buy something for a few quid for their own damn watches!

Right. Rant over.

Craftsman

Re: A bit hacked off with Rolex HQ today

Try at an AD...

Hi, it might be worth while asking your AD if you can do a swap with an older version? I would not be surprised if ADs have spare boxes knocking about.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy
    Try at an AD...
    Yes, I will when I next see one.

I'm taking the view that if HQ won't let me have any, Ads won't have any at all :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor
    Hi, it might be worth while asking your AD if you can do a swap with an older version? I would not be surprised if ADs have spare boxes knocking about.

:)
    Hadn't thought of that plan...will give it a go.

Master

I bet they will charge abit more than "a few quid" though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix
    I bet they will charge abit more than "a few quid" though.
    ~Yes...but the swapping plan might get round that?

Could this be a policy to try and prevent the fakers obtaining authentic gubbins to give their wares credibility?
    Maybe if you offered to 'part exchange' your old cushion with them?

Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev
    Could this be a policy to try and prevent the fakers obtaining authentic gubbins to give their wares credibility?
    Maybe if you offered to 'part exchange' your old cushion with them?
    Yes and a good idea.

Scrubnut, why not rest the watch around the pillow without doing up the clasp, having massaged your pillows back into shape.... oh er if you see what I mean. :D
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Grand Master

I didn`t think people actually used the original box etc to store the watch.....I thought the box and papers was put away in a safe place and never used.

If the OP has more than 1 watch why not buy a watch storage box instead? All my watches are stored this way in a very safe place, wouldn`t dream of using the original boxes on a routine basis.

As for getting ANYTHING except a new watch from an AD....you've no chance :)

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    I didn`t think people actually used the original box etc to store the watch.....I thought the box and papers was put away in a safe place and never used.

If the OP has more than 1 watch why not buy a watch storage box instead? All my watches are stored this way in a very safe place, wouldn`t dream of using the original boxes on a routine basis.

On your first point, they are put away and never used....with the watch inside :shock:

The watch box is something I need and I put up a topic to get a bit of advice earlier.

PS I don't plan to put Rolex in the storage box though!

Stop plumping your cushions.

Journeyman
    Washington, D.C., USA (dreaming of San Diego...)

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe
    Stop plumping your cushions.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Concur with the person who said, "I never thought people used the actual boxes the watch came in."

Faker prevention measure IMHO.

Cut a 50p sponge up and address the 'W'
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958

As for getting ANYTHING except a new watch from an AD....you've no chance :)

Paul
    I don't have room to put quite a lot of my watches in my two watch boxes, so quite a few live in their original boxes.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

Similar irritation with the Omega Boutique in Sydney yesterday - they wouldn't sell me a $20 buckle for my Speedy Pro, despite having it in stock because it's on a Fortis leather strap (it came on a bracelet but I prefer it on a strap) and they claim they would have to have their service man replace the strap and buckle; they offered me a $500 Omega leather strap and deployant, then gave me the phone number for the service department in Melbourne, who will sell me one for $20 but want a $25 "handling fee" and courier charge.

I'm buying a new one off eBay for $30, but am mightily p&*??#d off with what seems to be an anti-competitive, control the parts and service, revenue gouging, rentier model. Article in today's paper says that both they and Rolex are refusing to supply parts to independents, presumably to drive servicing to their over-priced service centres.

Master

Might be a bit different if they were servicing the watch at the same time? The RSC threw in replacement manuals etc for my oysterquartz when I politely asked but I bet they would never have sold me one.

I heard they were inundated with these sorts of requests and people asking about stolen Rolex so I can understand why they try to avoid getting involved in these itty bitty requests.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar
    Might be a bit different if they were servicing the watch at the same time? .
    I told them they'd serviced one of my watches within the last 3 weeks. Made no difference even though they could easily have verified I was genuine. Brand protection is fine, but not letting anyone have anything is going a bit far!