closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What diver am I rambling about? Help..

Master

What diver am I rambling about? Help..

I'm trying to tap the collective mind here to find a watch...

Saw a funky looking diver's watch from the 60's or 70's on some dealer's gallery about a year ago but I was moving house and expenses up the wazoo so couldn't really even think about it... It had a case shape like the Heuer Monza but bigger and an internal rotating timing bezel. I bookmarked the page (or I thought I did!) but only remembered it when handling my Monza yesterday. Now I can't find it for the life of me and I've no recollection of the brand either because I thought it might have been a Doxa but I don't think so after a bit of googling. My mind must be going so help me out.. it's bothering me to no end!

Here is my Monza for reference:

The crystal looked like it was flush with the case which had a strong angled-but-rounded look as with the Monza. But the diver wasn't a chrono, it just had 2 crowns (main + bezel rotate) like my Snorkel for example:

Hands were also similar to the above Snorkel but thicker, not sure if they were original.

Any ideas? And no, it wasn't an Omega Mariner.. I have one of those :)

Re: What diver am I rambling about? Help..

It sounds like a Super Compressor case. They come with all sorts of names on the dial, from top houses, to diving gear shops.

The Halios Laguna is a modern interpretation of the style.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Master

Thanks John.. the Halios would be closer if it had the case come up all the way to the level of the crystal offering a flat steel-acrylic surface shaped more like a bulging rectangle than a square.

TH calls the Monza a cushion case.. maybe I'll just spend a few hours with google image search then :shock:

Craftsman

Could it be a Glycine Airman 06 SST ?