closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London and The Doughnut of Mediocrity

London and The Doughnut of Mediocrity

Looking for a place to live outside London now. Must have good commute to KX, Liv Street or Moorgate. Min 3 beds, decent garden & reasonable shopping. budget about 450k. Any suggestions? Cuffley in Hertfordshire looks OK.

Craftsman

Re: London and The Doughnut of Mediocrity

Try Ingatestone or Billericay. 35 mins from Liverpool street, but you should* get a seat. Shenfield is closer but you won't get a seat. The shops/agents are 5 minutes on foot from either if you wanted to experiment with a travelcard one weekend.

Thanks, others have suggested Ingatstone too.

Cuffley is a nice village. Have a look at Brookmans Park too, which is really nice.

If you want a quiet life Cuffley is good. It gets quite a bit of passing traffic through the centre and most of the homes are 60's/70's. It has a local primary school, great curry house, Tesco Metro and a single pub.
    There are a number of celebs and footballers around here, (mainly Tottenham) as well aaa few pop stars and of course Posh Spices parents in Goffs Oak.

I have lived in the area for 8 years now and it has been pretty good for me. The Cuffley trip to London is approx 40 minutes.

The Brookfield shopping centre is not far and the industrial parks on the A10 are pretty near.

I am happy living here but would prefer to be back where I was born and grew up in Henley On Thanes. Bloody wife will not move.

Master

St Albans

25 Minutes from St Pancras

Craftsman

I like Radlett or St Albans.

St Albans is famously not a cheap place to live. It has some of the highest house prices in the UK outside London and First Crapital Connect gouge you on rail fares:

http://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/94 ... e_commute/