closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling prices

Breitling prices

Full page advert in yesterdays Sunday Times magazine for a Navitimer - RRP £6390. Seem expensive to me, have prices shot up or am I just out of touch ?

:?

Mark

Master

Re: Breitling prices

They shot up again last month, massive increases in the last 5 years, has sent 2nd hand values up to, good if you are selling, not if you are buying!

Stef

Quote Originally Posted by markl
    Full page advert in yesterdays Sunday Times magazine for a Navitimer - RRP £6390. Seem expensive to me, have prices shot up or am I just out of touch ?

:?

Mark

Crazy increase yes..partially mitigated by the fact that it's the new in-house movement that they've put in the Navitimer (and some minor costmetic changes)...but still, considering a Navitimer with the 'old' movement a couple of months ago could be bargained down to 3-3.5k (new), an increase of over 2k for a new movement sounds steep. Certainly not worth paying for imo.

Master

Breitling, Rolex and Omega all with huge price rises recently just as we are on the verge of heading back into recession - but not in China!

that is a joke, that is well too expensive for what it is, rather get a AP roo second hand with little bit extra on top

Bought mine a couple of years ago from Blowers, looking like a bit of a bargain now !

I suppose it's gone up in value but as it's a keeper so I guess that is irrelevant.

Mark

Unbelievable, was looking at a new Chronomat in my local shop and was astounded to be told it cost over $13000 SGD!
    Mine was 2.4k new in 1998 so nearly tripled in that time.

Given a sports Rolex is cheaper and has better resale, I know where my hard earned would go.

I wonder now that the swiss franc in under control if we have a period of stablised prices.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rawawatches
    that is a joke, that is well too expensive for what it is, rather get a AP roo second hand with little bit extra on top
    That you need to top-up that seven thousand pounds just to get a used aproo (I think that's how it's spelt :)) is also ridiculous, isn't it?

In 2006/7 a standard Navitimer on a strap was £2,400 or so. Since then the price has roughly doubled due to a combination of a stormtrooping Swiss franc, and basically just being able to because of rampant demand. Then with a ~35% rise for the new and markedly superior in-house movement, which is exactly what Omega did, hey presto - seven grand. It couldn't fit together better if you tried.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    ......Then with a ~35% rise for the new and markedly superior in-house movement, which is exactly what Omega did, hey presto - seven grand. It couldn't fit together better if you tried.
    Markedly superior in what sense? Markedly more expensive, tick, markedly more Kudos in the WIS community than the ubiquitous 7750, tick, but are they going to deliver quartz levels of accuracy? No. Just like my new fangled fancy Omega movement, chances are they are still only going to be accurate to 5 seconds a day.

Just my tuppence worth. Other opinions equally valid.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk
    Markedly superior in what sense? Markedly more expensive, tick, markedly more Kudos in the WIS community than the ubiquitous 7750, tick, but are they going to deliver quartz levels of accuracy? No. Just like my new fangled fancy Omega movement, chances are they are still only going to be accurate to 5 seconds a day.
    Well, it gets them out of the clutches of Swatch and assures continued operation in the life beyond. It makes WIS happy whose lives are not complete without an in-house movement. It also has a 70-hour barrel and a superior chrono mechanism (column wheel, no tilting pinion) along with a free-sprung, screwed-weight balance. Same sort of reasons the others went "in-house" really!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

All the major brands prices have gone crazy in the last 7 years.

Master
    Blog Entries

Glad I bought my Superocean Heritage in March. I wonder what the rrp on the 46mm Chrono on mesh costs now

Banned
    Blog Entries

Had a look in a local AD in Bournemouth today... interested in the Super Avenger, but at £4360 they can keep it in the window :(

Journeyman

Amnesia: You can buy my Super Avenger for a reasonable price, PM me if interessed.

Dont know if this is a forum violation, is waaay below the 250 post count to sell in SC !-)

I have a navitimer and paid less, second hand of course :)