closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Precista fat case battery location?

Precista fat case battery location?

I've been looking at Precista fat case's on ebay and generally only one question is ever asked, ie is the battery located in the centre of the battery hole or is it offset. Am I correct in assuming that if it's not centrally located in the hole that it's probably got a replacement movement fitted? (Centrally located = Precista movement, Offset = CWC (or other) movement fitted.) Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and there's another reason for asking the question?

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

Re: Precista fat case battery location?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomer
    I've been looking at Precista fat case's on ebay and generally only one question is ever asked, ie is the battery located in the centre of the battery hole or is it offset. Am I correct in assuming that if it's not centrally located in the hole that it's probably got a replacement movement fitted? (Centrally located = Precista movement, Offset = CWC (or other) movement fitted.) Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and there's another reason for asking the question?
    The point of a battery hatch is so you can change the battery without removing the caseback. Not having the battery centered in the hatch, sort of defeats the purpose.

Two possibilities - the caseback is not installed correctly, or the movement is not original.

Master

The battery is off-centred in the hatch, but only by about 1mm. Obviously, the hatch is offset in the case back. I believe this fat case Navigator model has an ESA movement.

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

ESA 536.121, if it has that movement, it is correct, and any misalignment of the hatch is probably a manufacturing error.

The same movement is found in 1980 and 1982 CWC G10s. In addition, the Fat case Precista from 1982 runs on the same machinery.

Peter