closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Rayrus type 1: Nearly a spot on homage, but not quite...

Craftsman

A Rayrus type 1: Nearly a spot on homage, but not quite...

Got my sticky mits on a Rayrus type 1 the other day. Superb case, interesting interpretation of the domed crystal, absolutely shitty lume and average bezel insert (i think laclustre is the word but not sure of the spelling).

For the money though, a solid 9/10 for me. Have had a type 1 but let it go as I felt it tied up too much capital.

May have to go for the next nearest to the real thing (MMT Blackwater) anyone else considering? I have it on good authority that December deliveries will not be happening BTW.

Hello Steve,

I got a little excited when I heard about the Rayrus... but as I preordered the Blackwater (allready in July) I let the Rayrus pass.

Kind regards Philipp

I'll be ordering a Blackwater soon, just gotta time my arrival home (maybe OBE if no deliveries in Dec).

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalu
    I'll be ordering a Blackwater soon, just gotta time my arrival home (maybe OBE if no deliveries in Dec).
    When do you get to go home?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master
    Good to hear from you again Colin will you be getting Christmas at home Colin. :?:
    All the best Paul. :)

Grand Master
    The Blackwater is a contender for my "next watch project" (besides the Damasko DA46 and the Sinn U-1), but I would have to shift the Seiko Navigator to make room for it:

Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Craftsman
    Hi Crusader

Nice type II Seiko - good work. Day and date sit very well indeed in the dial. I am not over keen on the 24h markings of the type ii's or any watch for that matter, but in your case they help blend the day and date in superbly.

I have a Ploprof dial and hand set on the way from Bill Yao plus a 12h bezel insert (like yours) for my first (wish me luck and above all, patience) forray into my 009Y.

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalu
    When do you get to go home?

Best wishes,
    Bob
    We'll be home between 10 and 20 Dec, no narrower date range publishable due to OPSEC considerations. However, everyone should be able to hear a loud sucking sound when I leave theatre that should clue you in - that's Afghanistan kissing my arse :wink:

Thanks for all the welcomes and wishes, it's good to be getting close to spending more time here and with my collection. Just taking pictures of all the recent acquisitions will take me weeks!