closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice Needed - Sending Watch from UK back to US for repair.

Journeyman

Advice Needed - Sending Watch from UK back to US for repair.

Hi

Need some advice on sending a watch back to Mark II in the US for repair. Specifically on what needs to go into the the accompanying CN23 customs form. Think I need put something like 'Watch for Repair - No Customs Value' in the text bit but am unsure whether you need put the value of the watch (circa £500.00) in our not.

Does anyone out there have any experience of this? Please advise back soonest if you do,

Many Thanks

Tim :?

Journeyman

Re: Advice Needed - Sending Watch from UK back to US for repair.

Bedtime :sleepy2: Bump :bounce:

I suspect you'll want to put the value in to make sure it's insured, but don't know any more than that I'm afraid.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman

Just to let you know there may be an admin charge on return to UK, I sent a watch back under warranty to Equador, and on return no customs fee but about £10 admin charge from customs "in case the parcel had to be opened,checked and resealed"
    It was clearly marked as a warranty repair, with the correct insurance value entered.
    Hope this helps, Graham

I'm not sure about this, and maybe you'll be advised to check with HMC&E, but a friend of mine had this problem last year and told me the following based on his conversations with HMC&E at the time.... In order for a UK watch repairer to receive a watch from outside the EU without UK customs charges applying, they need to register with HMC&E and request a code for the specific import (informing HMC&E of the details / value of the import) before the package is sent. The code is then given to the sender who marks it on the package. Without this, there is the chance that charges will be made when it enters the UK.

I realise this is to import to the UK rather than export to the USA, but what I'm trying to say is that simply marking the customs form "watch for repair" or similar is probably not enough to avoid paying customs charges. Can MKII not advise? Surely they will have experience of just this scenario, won't they?