closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IMPORT TAX

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

IMPORT TAX

thinking of getting something from new zealand,do you get import tax slapped on you,im in the uk.

Re: IMPORT TAX

Quote Originally Posted by sg1
    thinking of getting something from new zealand,do you get import tax slapped on you,im in the uk.
    You could get reamed for around 25% of the invoice value. Perhaps a little bit of duty, 17.5% VAT on the cost of the watch PLUS the cost of the shipping and then the shipping company handling fee of between £8 - £15.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

I just paid £200.02 tax/duty/handling on a parcel from the USA. Invoice value was £834.96.

The UPS guy was pleasantly surprised when I got my cheque book and paid without complaint. He said that the majority of private buyers moan like mad when presented with the bill.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

cheers for the info

I've virtually given up buying anything from outside the EU these days - the duty is just too high.

Of course, this is what the Government and Brussels wants me to do. They don't want me spending my money elsewhere.

Five or so years ago most watches, especially lesser known prestige makes used to make it through, nowadays I bet they get 98% of them, and pretty much any other item of any value. I have even found myself having to pay nearly thirty quid on an item costing no more than fifty, because of these spurious taxes and the seemingly random "handling charges" which are nothing more than legal theft in my opinion.

I never bother searching ebay US anymore for this reason.

Another little pleasure destroyed by the state....
    So clever my foot fell off.

Its nice to know this.

I have been trying to get myself a black dialled Ebel and typically as soon as I start looking no pre owned come up.

However, on Amazon US a brand new one is on at $2780. Thats cheaper new than you can get second hand for over here and its the model I want, and I have been wondering how much I am likely to pay