closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bad experience from dealer

Bad experience from dealer

Well, last Tuesday night I placed an order for 2 Suunto watches from the online store WatchesGB (who also operate SailGB and a few others). Their service seemed more than adequate and their website stated a delivery time of 3-5 working days. Now, I live on the IOW, so thought that it would certainly be 5 days, so was fully prepared for that.
    On Friday, I made an enquiry as to where my package was delivery wise. I received an email reply stating that my package would be dispatched in the "next few days" and that when my package was checked through the dispatch system, I would get a package and tracer number sent to me so I could track it.
    I sat and thought about it for a few minutes and it got me thinking.....I placed the order on Tuesday night, so they would have had it first thing Wednesday morning (day 1 of the 3-5 days). I contacted them on Friday (day 3) to check on postage and they said it would be dispatched within a few days. Well, in my book, this means 2-3 days, so that means Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (5 working days) even before it leaves the bloody shop!! It will take 2-3 days before I get it, so I am looking at a delivery of next Friday or Saturday. That means 8 or 9 working days and 10 or 11 normal days from placing an order to delivery. Is it just me, or is this simply crap service from a statement of delivery of 3-5 working days. They are going to be twice that.
    I am really disappointed with this and will most definitely be writing an email to the company to express my disgust, but just wanted to put something on here first.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Bad experience from dealer

cancel the order and buy elsewhere.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    +1

Why reward them for what you consider to be bad service.

Quote Originally Posted by SD81
    Their service seemed more than adequate and their website stated a delivery time of 3-5 working days. Now, I live on the IOW, so thought that it would certainly be 5 days, so was fully prepared for that.
    Living on the Isle of Wight makes no difference to delivery times, unlike other offshore locations. Don't settle for poor service.

Slightly in defence of the sellers (with whom I have no affiliation!!)...

The delivery network (inc. the Post Office) has been in slight disarray with the Icelandic volcano malarkey.

I (and other mail order sellers) have been holding back on sending parcels... so perhaps it may be worth cutting them a little slack, although they should have given you fair warning of possible delays...

:?

Thanks for the info Mike. Much appreciated. I do hear what you say, but as you rightly pointed out, they should have informed me about delays. We were well into this whole "volcano" thing when I ordered. It just does not inspire confidence with them. If they were honest with me from the start then I would have sympathised and either acknowledged the fact that there would be delays or I would have ordered elsewhere or at a later date. I suspect that they were probably aware of this and so wanted the sale of £300.
    I had not heard of them before but having looked through the company's various online stores I could actually spend quite a lot of money with them as they seem to cover most of the equipment that I use for my hobbies so they could have ended up with lots of trade each year but this has left a rather bad taste in my mouth about the whole company as has put me off doing business with them again. I also have many friends with similar hobbies and we all tend to buy our equipment from the same places as we know we can trust them. I have been impressed with their stock and prices and if all had gone well with this purchase I would have recommended them to mates, so they have actually sone themselves out of quite a lot of business (£1000's per year).

3.5 Lugs

There is absolutely no reason why they should not despatch an in stock item next working day.

Sounds poor to me - they should have at least mentioned if there were likely to be any delays.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5 Lugs
    There is absolutely no reason why they should not despatch an in stock item next working day.
    Like a lot of online companies, I suspect that their website claims to have most items in stock (or through omission of information, let's you assume that). It is only when you order something that the truth will be revealed, and then only if you complain about the poor service. I sometimes phone them up to check if the stock status is likely to be an issue.

Well, the plot thickens.......

I sent them an email following their advice they would be dispatching to me over the next couple of days (received Friday) to check on their progress. I received another email back to say they are now OUT OF STOCK and will not be getting any in until the end of THIS week now but would dispatch it to me when they get them in. They then said that taking into account the bank holiday it would be dispatched the following Tuesday so will probably arrive the following Friday!!! I am really pissed off. It will have taken almost 3 weeks to get from order to delivery!!

They even had the audacity to thank me for my email as it reminded them to check the stock and delivery today which is when they realised there was a problem!!

What kind of a bloody shambles of a company are they running???

Just thought I would update you all.

Cancel your order and get one elsewhere. A quick Google turns up Facewest who I've bought other stuff from before. They delivered the Leatherman I ordered next day.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    You can now add 'definitely' onto the start of the above sentence...

Personally I don't expect something to be shipped next day (unless they specifically mention it will be), I just take it as a bonus if it is. Last item I had trouble with was a pair of sunglasses... ordered, they took the money from my bank and then I got an email saying they were out of stock and it'd be a couple of weeks. Not impressed. My reply went along the lines of 'Please take this as notice of the cancellation of my order. I hope you will be returning the money to my account with the same haste that you took it in the first instance.'

Craftsman

i found this regularly with internet sites, out of stock usually means never in stock, they order from somewhere else and sell on to you.
    hope it gets sorted quick, make sure you doint cancell the order to find out it takes 2 weeks to get a refund.
    best of luck

I guess travel to IOW was affected by Icelandic volcano ash

Well, I rung them up this morning and told them exactly what I thought of their service. They apologised profusely and that was it. I have now placed the order or the same 2 watches but with 2 different companies this time rather than a single one and both are being delivered before 1pm tomorrow. The bes bit is that no only are they being delivered tomorrow, but one of them has included free next day delivery. The other company is £10 cheaper for the watch and is still delivering the next day. I am also getting a free Suunto strap and screen guard for mine. All in all I am a much happier camper!! The place I ordered my X-Lander from could not do enough to help. I wanted to make sure I got a new model one with the waterproof buttons (same as military one) as I would be using it whilst racing. The girl said she would take a trip out to the warehouse and get the model I was after and would then run through them all until she found one with the new buttons. She rang me back and asked all sorts of questions to ensure I was happy and even offered to send me a photo of the actual watch to ensure I was happy that it was the correct one with the new buttons etc. Absolutey fabulous service that I could not fault.

For those of you that are interested, the company is an online site called outdoorfusion.co.uk and I spoke to a young lady called Claire. She was actually asking all about the watch so she would be better informed for the next customer looking for one.

All in all, I have learnt my lesson and will be using them from now on. They seem to have quite a few sites running from the same company so this will come in very handy.

I should like to add that I have no affiliation with this company but am simply a very happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    Cancel your order and get one elsewhere. A quick Google turns up Facewest who I've bought other stuff from before. They delivered the Leatherman I ordered next day.
    I've bought all my Suunto watches and accessories from Facewest and they are spot on, not only that but every time you buy something they give you money off your next order.

Next time you sign in to place an order you find you've got a discount waiting at checkout.

To be perfectly honest a simple search in google will always pretty much reveal Facewest as the cheapest online retailer of Suunto at any given time, I wouldnt dream of buying from sail/watches/outdoorGB and their replicated template websites

Quick update. The new toy has arrived safely at home, as confirmed by Mrs SD81 who has checked out both boxes. I got it for £10 less than anywhere else, got free next day delivery before 1pm and I also got a free case and screen guard worth £12 so I am a happy camper. Mrs SD81 now has her watch and is over the moon. We paid £10 less than anywhere else on that one too so all in all a winner.

I also managed to get the newer X-Lander with the "military" buttons that can be operated in water if needed.

A good result. I just can't wait to finish work so I can get my hands on it to play with and set up.

Well, I have just finished playing and settling up my new watch. Very pleased with it. Lovely and easy to set up and it seems very functional. Compass agrees with my iphone compass and my silva compass so thats good news.

It seems a very well made watch and is extremely light considering the size. I am also pleased to see that is says in the manual that I can actually go swimming with it and not worry which is good news for my snorkelling and boat racing activities.

I am new to the Suunto brand having had a thought about one on the back burner for about 3-4 years now following an encounter with one during Cowes week. I am pleased I made the jump.

It will be interesting to see how many of my work kit items accomodate the size of it.