closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hard to sell?

Master

Hard to sell?

what I mean is that have you got any watches that you have found it extremely difficult to sell....even though you want to and you have even composed a thread/pm/email...but just cant bring your self to click submit!
    Is there something wrong with me or have you found yourself staring at a watch and thinking, well I do want to sell you but god damnit I just cant do it! :evil:

Master

Re: Hard to sell?

I've thought about selling my Seamaster Professional a few times, responded to WTBs on here a couple of times and then just can't bring myself to do it.
    To be honest I can't see me getting rid. It's such a lovely watch, classy and suits smart or casual and tough enough to withstand knocks and the like. What's not to like?!

Grand Master

my fav watch of all time, the smp. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird
    I've thought about selling my Seamaster Professional a few times, responded to WTBs on here a couple of times and then just can't bring myself to do it.
    To be honest I can't see me getting rid. It's such a lovely watch, classy and suits smart or casual and tough enough to withstand knocks and the like. What's not to like?!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master

Not really :twisted: although Mrs Bond has stated that my SMP is never going to be sold, which is fine by me if I am totally honest.

Which one are you having problems pushing the button on Ray :?: Maybe I can help persuede you to part with it :twisted:

No such watch exists :)
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Not had this problem, but I have frequently sold a watch and then decided I miss it so hunted out another one. YOu always seem to have to pay more for the replacement though :roll:

Once I've decided to sell something, it has always gone in the end, even if not immediately. My Superocean I sold recently had been on the cusp for a few months before the end.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I've been having a running battle with my Speedie Pro for about 6 months. Love the watch, but I generally treat my watches fairly roughly and get stressed about its lack of WR (always owned divers before the Speedie). I've listed it then pulled it a couple of times. Still don't know what to do... :roll:

Grand Master

Not so much with a watch but with a set of bike wheels ....rather bizarrely!
    RIAC

I'm going through this at the moment with my Oris Small Seconds. The fact that I have small wrists and a 47mm watch just don't mix in the summer, and I will only wear it with long sleeves. Issue is the Mrs says that IS her favourite watch and she wont be happy if I was to sell. I was hoping to generate some capital for something else but I guess I now have an excuse when the bank balance is a little lower at the end of the month :D

Quote Originally Posted by raydin
    what I mean is that have you got any watches that you have found it extremely difficult to sell....even though you want to and you have even composed a thread/pm/email...but just cant bring your self to click submit!
    Yes indeed. And just this week too: I've finally decided to let a rather special watch go, after almost interrogating the recipient before persuading myself to part with it!

Sometimes our bonds to these items are deep and strong.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

Weirdly my Zinex Trimix is proving difficult to sell - I should, logically as it doesn't get much wrist time and I've had a heap of incoming, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Whenever I try to all I can think of os the wee pirate on the dial telling me - Ghhhaaaarrrrrr ye landlubber - dont ya be selling Cap'n Trimix!

Never had this problem with a Watch but have encountered a similar scenario each time i've decided to sell the Wife. :roll:

I can not get my self to punch the "Enter" button and sell my favourite

Seriously: I am in the process of taking stock and have found that I can not justify to have several watches, that I do not wear. Better others can enjoy them. While culling, I have sold/will sell watches, that I never thought I would part company with. I have always scoffed at the Sales Corner "It it with bleeding heart blah blah......," "I never thought, I would sell this blah blah..." (still do for that matter)

I now realize, that what several WIS have stated is true, there are no true keepers.

(Okay, so I have a few (now very few) watches, that I can not envision, that I sell. But the number is significantly smaller, than I thought just a little while ago).

Yep, every one I own. Including a yellow and black plastic number made for a Renault ad campaign. It is just as ( colourful,refined,stylish ) choose your own adjective; in real life as you are imagining.

Does being fond of watches indicate a pack rat mentality ( as our US cousins would describe it ) I wonder?

Journeyman

I've been wavering for ages about whether or not to sell my IWC Port Chrono - gorgeous watch but not much wrist time from me.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout

I don't blame you - it's a cracker :thumbup: Where did you find that?

Er, back to the point, I have a load that I could probably benefit from selling, although I'm going to hang on for a bit. I've probably only sold about half a dozen watches, and three of those were mistakes in terms of whether I'd wear them and enjoy them again.

YOu always seem to have to pay more for the replacement though
    Every time, without fail. Hasn't stopped me though :D

I have a couple that no matter what, aren't for sale. If you see them on sales corner, i'm dead!
    And some of them are not expensive or rare at all.

Quote Originally Posted by northpole
    I've been wavering for ages about whether or not to sell my IWC Port Chrono - gorgeous watch but not much wrist time from me.

wow .... can't believe you'd get rid of such a beatiful watch!

Please sell it to me! :drunken:

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by njhpuk

wow .... can't believe you'd get rid of such a beatiful watch!
    I know...

I have a new favourite, which is just as nice if not nicer, so thats why I haven't worn it for ages.

New favourite.... pic doesn't do it justice!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk
    my fav watch of all time, the smp. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird

Me Too ! :D i bought a Rolex sub date first, then got my Smp much later but i lov eit its a classic that i reckon i will keep forever

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout

: Where did you find that?
    WUS banner ad :mrgreen:

i have a gmt 2 that i am trying to sell but haven't really got the heart, i think it's case of 'really' needing the money

Master

The only watch I regret selling was my Omega SMP, I had it from new and really looked after it.
    I woke up one day and thought 'I will sell the Omega and see what else I can buy with the money I get for it'.
    Didnt give it a second thought, but soon after I knew I made a mistake. :cry:
    When selling watches now I dont have any probs at all, usually I only sell watches because Ive bought others and want some money back.

i can't sell any watch, my mind refuses to do it :lol:

Craftsman

i am too. i have thought many times to let my Speedy go,
    because a little bit too big on my wrist

perhaps..... a Nato strap - RAF pattern is my solution. :)

bests,
    Krit

Master

Quote Originally Posted by truetime

bests,
    Krit
    few kebabs might do the trick :shock: :D

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by redmond
    Quote Originally Posted by truetime

bests,
    Krit
    few kebabs might do the trick :shock: :D
    Good idea :toothy10: ..... with a few pints of Guinness :occasion5: :drunken:

Bests,
    Krit

Craftsman

Knowing what the replacement is going to be always helps ease the pain :)