closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: sunnto watches

Craftsman

sunnto watches

anyone have one? thinking of getting one to try it out.
    reviews, advise , recommendations would be great

thanks in advance

Re: sunnto watches

Top of the morning to ya fellow celt....

I have a Suunto T6 heart rate monitor that I used to use for cycling. It's an excellent piece of kit and very easy to use. When used with the software that comes with it the feedback is amazing. I now use a Garmin forerunner for my cylce training and racing, I enjoy seeing my routes of the Google maps.

It has a Barometer, Altimeter and Heart Rate (Training zones and feedback on your training progress) functions along with all the other usual watch functions. Time, date, stopwatch etc. Also has a nice light function, its sorta reversed negative glow, if you get my drift.

However I would point out that it is power hungry and depending on Heart Rate use, the battery will require chaning maybe every 6-8 months. This will be longer when using just as watch.

As a watch it does not have much wrist prescense (I've spealt that wrong ). Best go for something like the Core if you are after a daily beater.

Hope that helps :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by irish ger
    anyone have one? thinking of getting one to try it out.
    reviews, advise , recommendations would be great

thanks in advance
    Try here - irish ger's Suunto reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kiki-picasso
    Nice link, I like your style :cheers: ....how did you do that :wink:

Perfect timinng - just thinking about getting one of these - cheers!

Craftsman

I have a core light that I bought for snowboarding. It works very well as long as you take the trouble to clibrate. I can now be a geek in the mountains too.

Master

Funny I have one for just the same reson, my cores on a Blue Toshi which gives it a different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Guz
    ....how did you do that :wink:
    Schoolboy error!

I have the Core-nice watch packed with loads of features.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

I have the Suunto Stinger for diving, which it is magnificent for: it goes into dive mode the moment you hit the water and starts recording at a couple of meters. It gives all the data you could possibly want and reduces the work of diving considerably. Despite this, it makes an excellent watch it its own right. While it is a bit huge it is extremely comfortable. It also has a full range of chrono and alarm functions.

I am looking at getting an X-Lander for myself and a t1c heart rate watch in pink for the other half. The only thing I read about was some questionable reliability on the Core models but nothing but praise on the X-Lander so that's the direction I am going in. My only worry is the 30m water resistance. The Core has 30m and a depth meter to the same depth so you can take it snorkelling. The X-Lander doesn't have a depth meter but is also waterproof so I am trying to find out whether I can take it swimming/snorkelling too. It has the same user-changeable battery so I would assume so.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt
    I have the Suunto Stinger for diving, which it is magnificent for: it goes into dive mode the moment you hit the water and starts recording at a couple of meters. It gives all the data you could possibly want and reduces the work of diving considerably. Despite this, it makes an excellent watch it its own right. While it is a bit huge it is extremely comfortable. It also has a full range of chrono and alarm functions.

Me too and agree entirely. Its a great holiday watch as you can even use it the pool :lol:

The battery on mine has lasted exceptionally well. I even find the rubber strap to be quite comfy.

Journeyman

I agree with all the praise above. I have simple T3c. Only minus is the stupid setup of menus. Not easy to understand even with the manual :D

I don't have one, I have a couple of friends who have diving Suunto models (not the latest models, the previous ones, D4's, etc.) that use regularly for free diving activities. Great functions, but not very reliable. More or less every 6 months the have to send them for repair. At least they are happy with the technical support in Greece.

Craftsman

I have the Core in aluminium with brown display. Two issues: The display contrast is really bad in daylight but it should be much better in all other color combinations. The original leather strap is also flimsy piece of some cheap shit. I replaced it with a Strap Culture one meant to be used with a Panerai and now it's totally different thing ;)

I have the Suunto Core all black and I'm very happy with it.

Like you i was originally heading towards the x-lander because i was put off the reliability issues with the Core. But with a bit of research i found that all these issues have been sorted now and you just have to make sure you get one with a serial number that starts with 9.

On the plus side the Core has loads of features, but on the downside it means you have to press lots of buttons to do what you want. Once I got used to it i found ok to navigate, but my Dad got one at the same time as me and still struggles to do simpel tasks.

When i was researching i found the best place was the Suunto forum on WUS here: http://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Spend a bit of time on there and you'll find all the comparisons, pictures and information you want.

Craftsman

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by PekkaM
    I have the Core in aluminium with brown display. Two issues: The display contrast is really bad in daylight but it should be much better in all other color combinations. The original leather strap is also flimsy piece of some cheap shit. I replaced it with a Strap Culture one meant to be used with a Panerai and now it's totally different thing ;)
    as usual, the strap makes the watch :wink: