closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It me or is everyone selling their Breitlings!!

Is It me or is everyone selling their Breitlings!!

Is It me or is everyone selling their Breitlings at the mo!!, They just don't seam to be selling either, Wish I was rich right now as there are at least three I would be buying if I had the money.

Master

Re: Is It me or is eveyone selling their Breitlings!!

It would seem like it - however it is just one of those things that happen by chance imho.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyman
    Is It me or is eveyone selling their Breitlings at the mo!!, They just dont seam to be selling either, Wih I was rich right now as ther are at leat three I would be buying if I had the money.

Buy yourself a decent spellcheck first :)

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1979
    Buy yourself a decent spellcheck first :)

dont need to buy one I have a free one Ispell easy just dont use it , But i have now :roll:

Craftsman

Re: Is It me or is everyone selling their Breitlings!!

I could use a Superocean Heritage, otherwise it's too much brightbling for me ;)

Well... I was not sure I will bother now..

tbh I was only selling as I was kinda feeling guillty about how much I had tied up in watches... and I really want to wear my watches rather than have them sit in a case.. hence I was trying to ration down to 3 or 4 tops....

Master

Personally I think it is just everyone feeling like the pre-owned market may have picked up , so putting stuff up for sale, or trying to release some cash. Same thing was noted about Seiko Marinemasters too recently. Expect it will all die down again soon.

Master

Sure there's a few which've sold on SC recently, but then that means there's a fair few people buying Breitling too, no?

I've started to notice a lot of them turning up in pre-owned sections? There's also quite a few new ones in Watches of Switzerland in Manchester with a good saving off RRP.

Another thing I'm noticing more and more is the number of pre-owned gold Rolexes available. WoS had two pre-owned in at the weekend an there's a shop in Southport that always seems to have 50k of them in the window!

No-one is discounting IWC though, which is a shame as I've been dreaming of a white faced XV for not a lot of cash!

i don't know what it is its almost like someone sees one for sale and thinks Oh yeah Ill sell mine, I love the brand and want loads of em but I'm down to two now and they are keepers, I remember the same thing happened with Seamasters late last year there was loads of for sale.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sonyman
    i don't know what it is its almost like someone sees one for sale and thinks Oh yeah Ill sell mine
    One of the least successful marketing (not advertising, marketing) strategies there is: for a given demand, double the supply, and watch the price go down. It would be better to wait until the first one is sold, and assuming it sold promptly (suggesting a certain level of demand), put yours up for sale.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

The reason there seems to be a few is because they are hanging around for longer than usual on the SC at the moment, there seems more when in fact there is likely to be the same volume as there always is but things aren't moving, very very quiet unless the OP is giving it away

Dave

I'm not selling mine :wink: :)

Quote Originally Posted by ricdil
    WoS had two pre-owned in at the weekend an there's a shop in Southport that always seems to have 50k of them in the window!
    Is that so?

:wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I never liked Breitlings either 'til I saw the custard-dialled 5000ft SuperOcean.. 8)

Looks that way......... unless they're vintage 60's of course :wink:

The 'modern' ones just don't do it for me, never did, whatever the model. The fakes of them nowadays are so good, who'd know the difference?

a good old 'un..etc :)

Master

Hanging on to mine! :)

Quote Originally Posted by davek
    Hanging on to mine! :)

me too

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by PekkaM
    I could use a Superocean Heritage, otherwise it's too much brightbling for me ;)
    My idea, the only Breitling that's on my wishlist.

I've just added a really nice '96 Aerospace to the collection and am looking for a Chronomat Blackbird (original) and sometime in the future a decent Navitimer. I've come to the conclusion that I love Breitlings BUT only those made from 1994 to 2004 (apart from early navi's).

IMHO the current Breitling line up is oversized, bloated and vulgar. They've wrecked the Chronomat line with the current 'Evolution', the 'Professional' range is full of oversized lumps with variations galore and don't even get me started on the 'Bentley' monstrosities :evil:

I'll bide my time and wait (hopefully not in vain) for the return to a smaller size of watch and perhaps a much needed return to a consolidated product range.

In the meantime I need to find some more funds to buy up everyone's early B'lings :)

Master

One of mine is up for sale but only to fund another one, I'm in no rush though!

Stef

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

I have come to realise that I am a Breitling person, some are Rolex people and some are Omega people but I do love Breitlings over most other brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chartman69
    I have come to realise that I am a Breitling person, some are Rolex people and some are Omega people but I do love Breitlings over most other brands.

Me to but agree about the bentley range just not for me.Prefer simple plain dials al la Superocean, SOH, B1, Aerospace,Chronomat etc etc

Master

I agree (with what I don't know but for the sake of non controversy I agree anyway :D ). I like all sorts of different watches but as I have small wrists I eventually came round to thinking that big and shiny is not my bag, or even shiny for that matter. The aerospace was close to my ideal watch, close but no cigar. This reminds me I am going to have to list my B-1 at some point. I also think as a company they have taken the proverbial with the push upmarket. Their older more tool like models hit the spot better for me but they seem to have entirely abandoned sensible in the name of bling. Still though at the prices they command secondhand very good quality for the money.

I bought the Chronomat 'Vitesse' in the picture in 1998 selling my Colt Auto (black dial) to fund it. I loved the Colt, great on Rubber, leather and the 'Fighter' bracelet. I didn't like white dials but couldn't turn the Chronomat down at the price it was offered to me for.

Anyway, over the years since I've had the Chronomat I've gone through quite a few watches, Omega's, a few Oris', Tudor, Longines, Heuer and recently a couple of Precista's (all with black dials). One watch has remained a constant favourite.. my Chronomat.

I can put this watch on even now after 12 years of owning it and still admire it like it were a new purchase. The domed crystal, the quality and finish of the dial, the proportions of the case. It just feels so well made next to the other watches I've owned. I'd started to think I'd like a Rolex sub but I know after handling and wearing a friends Sub LV that the quality of the Chronomat is going to spoil things. I'm not Rolex bashing but to me the sub next to the Chronomat feels a little like a Seiko.

And all this from a watch with a white dial :shock:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy1
    I never liked Breitlings either 'til I saw the custard-dialled 5000ft SuperOcean.. 8)
    I've never come across that before. Does custard have some sort of unique properties at great depths?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Panofsky
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy1
    I've never come across that before. Does custard have some sort of unique properties at great depths?

Dave
    It expands :D

all these Breitling sales, but not the one I want. I'm after a super avenger old style, with the arabics rather than the battons.
    oh well, i'll just keep looking i suppose.

Also available on titanium Pro2 bracelet.

Not coming to a Sales Corner near you any time soon.....

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Keeping mine too..

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pashmolean
    I've just added a really nice '96 Aerospace to the collection and am looking for a Chronomat Blackbird (original) and sometime in the future a decent Navitimer. I've come to the conclusion that I love Breitlings BUT only those made from 1994 to 2004 (apart from early navi's).

IMHO the current Breitling line up is oversized, bloated and vulgar.
    That era did produce some crackers (Premier, SOP, Blackbird). But what about the current Superocean? Unchanged in size for donkey's years. You'll also miss out on the smaller Steelfish, from 2005. And the current Colt range is all 41mm or under, and slim. The Cockpit range either 39 or 41mm across. I think for most people it's actually the polished finish they don't like, although that doesn't explain the popularity of the Superocean Heritage, which is very shiney. And what's wrong with the current Navitimer? It's practically frozen in time.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chartman69
    Branding does not do it for me and more ofter than not both ruins legibility and design.

That makes me a :albino: and that is ok with me
    We are people, just people :wink:

On topic it probably is like your wife being pregnant and then suddenly pregnant women appear to be invading your world.

On the whole the market is simply going up and down on the perception of economic recovery or not just like the stock market. There are a LOT of people waiting to liquidise their watch 'investment' and their perception of 'the right moment' is a key factor.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    That era did produce some crackers (Premier, SOP, Blackbird). But what about the current Superocean? Unchanged in size for donkey's years. You'll also miss out on the smaller Steelfish, from 2005. And the current Colt range is all 41mm or under, and slim. The Cockpit range either 39 or 41mm across. I think for most people it's actually the polished finish they don't like, although that doesn't explain the popularity of the Superocean Heritage, which is very shiney. And what's wrong with the current Navitimer? It's practically frozen in time.
    The Navitimer is fine, always has been. thankfully the only time they mess with it is when they decide to do a 'Special edition'. I like the Colt, I owned one and it was a favourite. The Cockpit although the same dimensions as the earlier Chronomat doesn't seem to look right somehow. I think it may be the proportions of the bezel in relation to the dial. Speaking of the cockpit dials they just look weird to me. My personal opinion of course. :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla
    On the whole the market is simply going up and down on the perception of economic recovery or not just like the stock market. There are a LOT of people waiting to liquidise their watch 'investment' and their perception of 'the right moment' is a key factor.
    There might be some truth in that if you where talking about a steel sports Rolex, but Breitling? surely not, look at the prices they often go for on this forum. I lost money on the 2 Breitlings I bought and both sold through this forum (based on final sale value let alone the trade in value :shock: ). Nobody in their right mind would buy a modern Breitling for its investment potential, far better places to put ones money if that is a key driver.

Banned

Got mugged a couple of years ago after collecting my Breitling from service. Someone will have bought it off the scum bags for the price of a loaf I guess. Anyway, put me off for life :evil:

Nope. I'm hanging on to mine too...

Sorry. Couldn't help getting in on the act! :lol:

-flugzeit

Sell! Sell! Get rid of the horrible things!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie
    Personally I think it is just everyone feeling like the pre-owned market may have picked up , so putting stuff up for sale, or trying to release some cash. Same thing was noted about Seiko Marinemasters too recently. Expect it will all die down again soon.
    Funny, I was trying to sell my Breitling Super Avenger so I could buy a Seiko Marine Master! :D Ended up buying the SRP 043 Seiko and still have the Breitling, but will probably end up buying the Marine Master anyway. I'm doing something wrong. :D

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie
    Funny, I was trying to sell my Breitling Super Avenger so I could buy a Seiko Marine Master! :D Ended up buying the SRP 043 Seiko and still have the Breitling, but will probably end up buying the Marine Master anyway. I'm doing something wrong. :D
    Well, perhaps not. Sold the Super Avenger, and bought the 2009 model Steelfish. Oddly that is "stepping down" and "deblinging" for me. Looking forward to a bit smaller, but easily as legible Breitling. Considered going back to the Seahawk Pro II XL or back to a Deepsea, but in this current recession, I like the idea of getting all of the function, or about a third of the price, and getting new, instead of used. No, the 2824 ETA isn't a "manufacure" movement like the GP 33RO or the Rolex 3136, but it is robust and as tooled by Breitling it keeps COSC time and is durable.

The twelve feet I free dive won't put much strain on the water resistance, so Breitling it remains.

Master

I sold three modern Breitlings last year, but I've just bought another one.

My favourite so far :)

Master

Big breitling fan myself,absolutely smitten by them.Dont have any dislikes about any other watch makes.
    IMO very unfair on breitlings when someone calls them breitblings.
    Love my avenger skyland below.
    Nothing wrong with this beautiful polished chunk of steel IMO.

Regards

CGS

They do seem to be falling away in the secondhand price stakes quite considerably. I personally like the watches, but at the same time I think they have stood still on the design front and need to bring out some new models and new ideas to appeal to the younger generation. If the secondhand market is struggling on them one can only assume the same could be the case for new sales. Only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    IMO very unfair on breitlings when someone calls them breitblings.
    Agree 100% CGS - it's funny how clever some people think it is though. I wonder if Omegas were called Umbiquitórs or Rolex were Fläshitte their owners would find the jokes as amusing. How something like the Ti Seawolf can be described as too busy or too blingy is beyond me. Disliking an entire brand is surely as silly as being a fanboy. Touched a nerve? With me? Never! :wink:

Anyway, I've got a chronomat and I bloody love it. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt
    I think they have stood still on the design front
    There have been some pretty major design updates in Basel '09 and '10 which I think are alienating some of the older fans - I guess you can't please everyone...

Oh, and jd - that bullhead is awsome - I've never seen one of those before but I'm a big fan.

I dont normally comment on what i 'Dont' like in watches but i find myself wishing that everyone would stop selling their Breitlings on the SC all at once.

Everywhere you look just now it's Breitlings, I personally can't stand the sight of them so please put them away in a dark Drawer and give the people with taste a break. 8)

Rant over :blackeye:

Quote Originally Posted by kiki-picasso
    I dont normally comment on what i 'Dont' like in watches but i find myself wishing that everyone would stop selling their Breitlings on the SC all at once.

Everywhere you look just now it's Breitlings, I personally can't stand the sight of them so please put them away in a dark Drawer and give the people with taste a break. 8)

You could always try not opening any threads or sales ads with 'Breitling' in the title? Avoid the nasty 'taste'! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by mistermustard

You could always try not opening any threads or sales ads with 'Breitling' in the title? Avoid the nasty 'taste'! :wink:
    But i cant help myself, I've got to peek :confused2:

Well i just bought two Navtimers, one black dial and one silver love them both.

Master

Just bought mine from SC last week, Love it. 8)

But i cant help myself, I've got to peek :confused2:
    Haha - good man! Must be like when I berate the wife for watching trash on the telly; quite can't leave the room...

Keep looking at the threads - I'm sure we'll convert you.

Quote Originally Posted by gee-whizz
    Just bought mine from SC last week, Love it. 8)

Beautiful watch gee-whizz. I really like the dial.