closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jenny Caribbean 2000...

Jenny Caribbean 2000...

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a replacement movement, ETA 2783, retainer ring for my Jenny Caribbean 2000. If not a replacement then maybe someone can fabricate one for me. The original has srunken/chipped through the years and now the movement moves around in the case. The rotor doesn't spin freely. Once I get new batteries for my caliper I'll post some measurements. Thanks guys!

More photos...
    http://www.christophergmoy.com/Horol...95822787_L8boK

Re: Jenny Caribbean 2000...

Hi, await the dimensions, then help should be forthcoming... :D ,

Regards,

James.

Thanks James! :P

Quote Originally Posted by dreamboat10
    Hi, await the dimensions, then help should be forthcoming... :D ,

Regards,

James.

Here's a cross section of the ring...

Red is the plastic and the black hatch is the metal portion.

BTW I noticed I can hear the rotor moving in the case. Couldn't hear it before I replaced the stem Friday night. The stem it had was on a stem extension which wasn't perfectly straight. Could this have been my problem? Can't believe a bent stem prevented the rotor from moving. Guess we'll see in about 3 days.

Its possible you could get a new metal part of the movement spacer but the plastic i am unsure of. The metal part should be a standard size for the movement, 11 1/2 ligne.

The movement rotor should move freely like you say, the bent stem should not affect the rotor moving.

http://www.nwcsupplies.com/index.php?ma ... _1264_1272

Maybe someone can be more helpful, good luck,

Regards,

James.

Thanks James! I'll check out the site.

Another thought I had was maybe it's not the spacer at all. Maybe the rotor isn't connected to the mainspring. But when I gave the movement a test run, out of the case, every turn I made the crown the rotor would turn. Seems to be connected. I have no idea why it won't wind while it's all cased up :( Last night at 8pm EST I powered it up, 50 winds. I'm going to wear it all week. Lets see how long it's going to last.