closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do you wear your MM300 on? and another question...

Master

What do you wear your MM300 on? and another question...

Hi there, just a couple of days on, and still annoyed about the fact that I can't resize the bracelet myself so, I have tried a few combos and, to my amazement, I have gone back to the waffle rubber.
    So, let's see some combos to give me some inspiration !!!
    and my other question is about the bezel, the ratcheting action is supersoft on this one and it makes me a bit paranoid with the possibility that it would just turn with even the friction against my shirt cuff.
    Has anyone ever had that problem ?

Thanks in advance, Mario

Re: What do you wear your MM300 on? and another question...

I mostly wear my MM300 on a black nato:

Haven't ever tried it on a leather. I hear the standard rubber is quite nice, sadly I don't have one of those either!

The bracelet is nice, can't quite recall how to adjust it off the top of my head but I managed to do my own:

Will be interesting to see what others have tried it on :)

Bracelet best for me, but have had it on

Mesh

Nato

Kevlar type

have also had it on a variety of different rubber straps, the originals that come with the watch, a Z22 and a hirsch extreme but can't find the pics at the moment.

Oh, and i've never had a problem with the bezel unintentionally turning, with a shirt cuff or otherwise.

I wear mine on its bracelet (which my watchie adjusted for me, can't see why you have to size it yourself :?). I think the rubber strap is superb, and come summer time I'll be using that :D

Cheers

Stern

Master

Hi, I wore mine on a Di-Modell Rallye a fair bit. But kept returning to the bracelet. The bracelet is a really good match on this watch though the ease of changing straps (drilled lugs) encourages you to try other combos...

I found my MM clasp was quite tight and positive, but the same verson on an Orient Saturation Diver was very loose so that when opening the flip part of the clasp, the extension would slide open a few notches. Not sure what the fix is though - maybe the spring can be adjusted somehow? I found the bracelet quite straightforward to adjust, but have done a few pin/collar ones in the past. I used a small diameter pin-pusher and a block with slots and guides in it (both part of a v.cheap watch tool kit from China). Rest the end of the pin-pusher against the end of the pin in the link with the links held in the block. Make sure when you push out the pin you are doing so in the direction of the arrow on the link surface. Tap with the end of a small hammer and the pin-pusher will push the pin out through the link. I think the collar was left resting inside the link, but be VERY careful you don't lose it as they're a pain to find again! Fitting is the same, but in reverse so you are re-inserting the pin agains the direction of the arrow. And for the last few taps use the plastic end of the hammer, or similar, to avoid marking the links. Hope this helps!

Anyway, heres the MM300 on Rallye as you asked.

Anthony

Forgot to mention the bezel... mine is really quite stiff to turn, I think I'll be sending the watch in for a service soon cause I think it's probably too stiff!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    I wear mine on its bracelet (which my watchie adjusted for me, can't see why you have to size it yourself :?)
    I just like to do little things like that myself at home, mate.
    That way I know where the scratches came from... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I like the mesh, it looks both stylish and comfortable to wear.

I've always worn mine on one of Eddie's Natos since I had it. Green being my colour of choice (goes well with the lume IMO).

No problems with the bezel either. Crisp and exact.

In fact this thread has made me change watches and I'm now wearing my MM300 :)

Master

I looked for a nice chunky strap when I got mine. Settled on a di-modell chronissimo. Really matches well IMO.

Journeyman

it's not an MM300, but I like my 7002-based Franken-Seiko on a 'Lumpy' bracelet, as sold by Sydney-based eBay dealer Watchadoo: really well-made, chunky bracelet; easy to re-size.

Journeyman

Mine goes back and forth from stock rubber to stock bracelet.
    -stock rubber is most useful for me at work.
    -the stock clasp gets scratched up quite quickly...it's a softer metal. I often wonder if it's titanium. The extension is so awesome...I use it sometimes over a softshell jacket.

**I got my watch brand new from Seiya. My bezel was a little on the tight side, and it got progressively tighter. I eventually sent it back to Seiya, and he sent it to Seiko...it came back working sweet. It was a headache and a half getting it back to Japan though from San Francisco. UPS can kiss my butt. I will never use them again. I learned in retrospect from others that US Postal is dependable to get back to Japan.

That is funny how yours turns so easily. Is yours brand new?

Congrats on a sweet watch!!!

Blog Entries

Black kevlar with white stitching, looks superb IMHO.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman

On rotation with stock bracelet, stock rubber and different Natos (picture is with the so-called "real" Bond :wink: ):

all the best

Jan

Banned

This thread is really depressing me.

Im going to have to save real hard and fast! what is the cheapest i can get a MM300 for?

Ibby

Craftsman

I wear mine on a NATO.

Craftsman

re: The bezel:

Usually the progressive stiffness in turning the bezel is due to a bit of gunk underneath the bezel. You can lift the bezel off like most any other watch, using a thin blade-look at either the 6 or 12 o'clock (can't remember) to see a little space for this purpose.

You can take the bezel off, clean/lubricate it, and it's as good as new!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Forgot to mention the bezel... mine is really quite stiff to turn, I think I'll be sending the watch in for a service soon cause I think it's probably too stiff!
    Hi Jon, for most of my divers including the MM i would put it under a running tap with warm water and a little baby oil and keep turning the bezel - it worked in freeing or loosening the bezel.

You could also as has been mentioned lift the bezel off for a good scrub. I wouldn't send it for a service just for a sticky bezel :blackeye:

Back to the OP request: MM on Brown Hirsch Liberty (yes, I did get a deal for two) :)

Master

Thanks to all for your responses ! at least it has made for a pretty good buch of pics :D I do remember though a recent comment from somebody who actually dives, stating that he sold the MM300 because the bezel turned too easily...mind you, seems to be a bit of hit and miss with this one ??

Quote Originally Posted by pulga69
    mind you, seems to be a bit of hit and miss with this one ??

Not really. Bezels are harder to turn when you're underwater, so it makes sense that they'd be made to be fairly easy to rotate when you aren't. Give it some time and, like Chris said, enough crap will be accumulated under the bezel to make it as stiff as you'd want it :D

Cheers

Stern

Quote Originally Posted by pulga69
    Thanks to all for your responses ! at least it has made for a pretty good buch of pics :D I do remember though a recent comment from somebody who actually dives, stating that he sold the MM300 because the bezel turned too easily...mind you, seems to be a bit of hit and miss with this one ??
    In my case I wore mine recently on 4 consecutive dives over two days and the bezel didn't turn once at all accidentally, only when i wanted it to!

But it could be that ours are all different especially as some will be older than others and could have gunk built up.