Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

OP: no disrespect meant to you. Your photos as always are outstanding. I hope you don’t mind a bit of joshing!
Not at all and non taken. The world would be a very boring place if we would have exact opinion on everything

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
I know that the watch design is based around sports but any suggestion that a solid gold (soft metal) watch at - what is its rrp? - £65k? - is a sports watch, is a 'them' in a 'them and us' world. Along the lines of calling a Range Rover Urban an 'off road vehicle'.

if I was ever in a position to own one, it would only ever be worn on a formal occasion. Stainless steel or titanium are true sports watch metals. silver, gold (of any type) or platinum really aren't. As for wearing it with a sweatshirt or hoody, I wouldn't wear anything beyond a Garmin with either of those and tbh, I would never wear a hoody.

just my opinions of course......
Sure and I understand. My thoughts were going in the direction that the Daytona , no matter the metal, was a sports watch by it's DNA. Now in steel, it is far sportier than the gold version but if were are talking formal, I think that the John Mayer model would be too much for either a suit or a hoodie. It falls somewhere in between. For a suit I would go with something more classy - if we are talking Rolex, the 1908 fits the bill just as nice