Hi all,

Thought I would do a quick mini review of a watch I received this morning.

Firstly, let me say I have never been a fan of Christopher Ward watches. That isnt to say I dont respect what they do as a business as I think we should applaud all our British watch brands, there just wasnt any of their watches that appealed to me.

Until now. When the C65 Super Compressor was launched it caught my eye not just because it was aesthetically pleasing but also the fact that they had resurrected an old technology and as a mechanical engineer I love stuff like this.

So at what I think is an excellent price (537) on the tropic strap one was ordered and it arrived this morning. The packaging is excellent and a step up from my Hamilton and Tag Heuer watches, also the guarantee booklet is signed by Mike France the CEO, a nice touch.

For the money I am pretty much astounded by the quality of this watch, the case finishing is excellent (close to that of my Omega SMPc), all the markers line up, the inner rotating bezel clicks nicely and even the strap is good.

The black sand dial (its brown) is something different for me and certainly has a 70s vibe to it. This is where the only quality niggle comes in, it has the misaligned red text but for me its not an issue, without my reading glasses on its all a blurr anyway!

To sum up I think at the sale price this offers a lot, great quality and technically interesting although I appreciate the brand is not for everyone.

A question for you, is there anything else that offers similar plus the added benefit of being brand new and Swiss made for approx 500?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app