closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Today was a great day (boat and vintage watch content ...)

Threaded View

Today was a great day (boat and vintage watch content ...)

Today was one of those great days. It began early with a long drive from south Cheshire to the Norfolk broads, to meet up with noisyboyuk on his boat:

I received a great welcome (socially distanced of course) and plenty of helpful business chat ensued. It was one of those strange coincidences that we both work in the same industry and had a number of shared friends. Following on, watch chat and a lot of admiration from myself for a wonderful collection of vintage Omega watches

And then the main purpose of my trip - the collection of vintage Rolex Daytona. I had admired this watch in SC but it is so much nicer in the flesh. My rubbish photography below won't help either, but I'll try and take some better photos tomorrow. I have waited and waited for a new Daytona from my Rolex AD to no avail. But I'm delighted. This watch has so much charm and history. It is unbelievable condition and completely correct, including a sprung riveted bracelet. It is also a birth year watch for me - an added bonus.

Huge thanks to noisyboyuk for his welcome in Norfolk and for spending time talking about the watch, its history and pedigree. I feel privileged to be able to look after it for next few decades. This one, for sure, is a keeper.

Last edited by jpjsavage; 13th September 2020 at 17:04.