Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
This is where things tend to get a bit murky and can and will divide opinion. Bill from MKII made no illusion he was trying to recreate a bit of nostalgia, primarily from the Rolex 58' Sub and the original Rolex Pan Am GMT, using of course more modern materials and ETA movement. However, (and this is where it can get a bit controversial), isn't this what Tudor is trying to do as well ? Also, Bill brought out his Kingston and GMT well before Tudor brought out their first Black Bay and own GMT. At the time there was no one else offering these specific models with the gilt dials (at a reasonable price), that's why I bought them.

Not trying to start an argument , merely pointing out Tudor are doing the exactly the same as other manufacturer's, it's just of course Tudor are a sub brand of Rolex . For me though it doesn't matter, now a style that I like will now be offered by Tudor which has seriously got me interested in getting hold of one.
End of the day Tudor and Rolex are the same company really. I was wondering more about mkII v steinhart in terms of one getting more abuse than the other, and why that might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk