Has anybody else bought one?

Having seen the tv adverts, and being one who enjoys a nice crema on my coffee, I was tempted, and a couple of weeks ago I was dithering aimlessly around West Quay in Southampton, where Nespresso have a stand to entrap wandering coffee lovers and ply them with their new range.

It worked. One very strong, rich espresso and a frothy latte later, and I was hooked. Right now they have reduced the price of the machines, and you can get £40 of vouchers to stock up on the (admittedly pricey) capsules. And I happened to have some John Lewis vouchers as well...

I already had a Nespresso machine, and just bought capsules from Waitrose, M&S or Costco rather than the original Nespresso versions - Nespresso capsules produce nice coffee, although the M&S Columbian became my favourite. The Dualit capsules from Costco are really only for giving to people that you don't like very much.

The Vertuo capsules are much larger than the originals, and not far short of double the price, but those I have tried so far have produced far superior coffee, with a lovely thick crema. There appears to be a good range available as well. My original machine continues to serve for everyday use, but the Vertuo is a special treat.