closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Let's get serious - the fried breakfast

Threaded View

Let's get serious - the fried breakfast

There seems to be a lot of trivial posts on the forum right now about missing post, 26 million dollars etc so let's ramp it up with a serious and controversial subject - the fried breakfast. This article on the BBC website got me thinking - what is the perfect fried breakfast? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43372765

THE most important thing is sausages. If you eat value Asda sausages for breakfast then stay the hell off my thread - your opinion isn't wanted here. Newmarket sausages are by far and away the best. I prefer them cooked in the oven but fried is acceptable too. Proper Lincolnshire sausages from a butcher are also good.

Bacon. Smoked back from a butchers that hasn't been injected with half a pint of water per pack like the crap that Tesco sell which oozes a weird jism like substance during frying.

Some people say baked beans should never be part of a fry-up. Those people are deluded. Branston 1st, Heinz 2nd.

Mushrooms. Fresh and fried - none of that tinned junk.

Tomatoes. Fresh and fried - none of that tinned junk (again).

Eggs. I prefer scrambled, cooked in a pan with butter and pepper. NOT microwaved - this isn't a Little Chef.

Black pudding. Fried. It's all pigs blood and oatmeal - who cares where you buy it from.

Bread and butter, not toast. You can't mop up properly with toast. A freshly sliced sandwich loaf is best but I also quite like Warburtons - it seems to stay fresher for much longer. Good job Warburtons chemical additive division!

Finally, a mug of tea made with a decent tea-bag. None of this pretentious leaf in a teapot sh*t - it's not 1950. Milk, 1 sugar.

I look forward to everyone agreeing with my choice, otherwise you're wrong.
    Last edited by Lampoc; 17th March 2018 at 10:52.