Hi,
hitting 50 this year and the Mrs has offered a 5k budget for a present of my choice. Am thinking of another watch and would plan to add some money to this to get something special - either a Franck Muller Vanguard or a UN Dual Time. Looking on chrono24 it seems I could get either of these at a decent price but would need to pay VAT on imports from US but not from EU from the searches I've done, is that correct?
The dealers I've been looking at are Gemnation and Black Tag Watches in the US and Uhren Struck, Fitzrovia and Fabel GMbH in Eu. Searches on here seem to indicate Gemnation/Fitrovia are good to deal with but wondered if there was any experience here of these other dealers or any suggestions on alternative dealers I could try?
I was planning on using the dealers that support the 'Trusted Checkout' facility on Chrono24 and wondered if anyone had any experience of this as added protection?
Finally, visited London yesterday to check out the short list of models I had the Franck Muller Vanguard Yachting and the blue faced UN Dual Time 42 GMT as the final contenders. Any suggestion on the best sources for these would also be appreciated,
Cheers
Ian