It's that time of year again. The rumours are starting to converge, so we have a fair idea what it's going to be like - pretty good IMO; bigger, OLED screen, snazzy new case, better battery life, and other minor improvements. Certainly the biggest change since the screen size increase on the 6.

Not sure about the fingerprint sensor on other side of phone, though - it's a shame if that turns out to be the case.

I'm slightly concerned about the price though - it's looking like $1000+, which will no doubt translate to £1000.This is pushing the envelope a bit IMO. I've changed my iPhone pretty much every year since the 3, which I know makes me "one of those guys", but I use it a lot so don't resent spending a decent amount, but £1000! Is that getting a bit silly? Is Apple pushing it a bit too far?

At that sort of price, and even with a residual value of £500 give-or-take, that's quite a lot to spend on a phone. If nothing else, there are going to be more people changing to a 2 year replacement cycle.

[Disclaimer: I know I don't "need" an iPhone, and there are other choices. I also realise the parallels with watches etc. Veblen blah blah..]