Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
Steve I am sure this all sounds reasonable and peachy in your head but doesn't change the fact that many of us feel very little goodwill towards Cousins. Suggesting that they are a white knight and that all suggestions to the contrary are 'foolish' just makes you look arrogant and out of touch. If Omega are made to see sense then hooray for that, but some of your cheerleading seems rather incompatible with the widespread opinion that Cousins treat customers with contempt.
No other supplier is fighting for your right to repair a watch in a way that is even 5% of what Cousins is doing, and yet you describe the company as having contempt for its customers. What more care and concern can Cousins have for its customers than to help keep them in business, and what greater right can it have to their goodwill as a consequence? If you can point out any other knight (regardless of colour) that is coming to your aid, then please let me know.

I'm quite certain that I do not look at all foolish amongst those who take a holistic view of the survival of our trade. Stop the Cousins bashing and start acting in a unified way. We just proved that the invincible can lose to the minnow, what have you got to support us with in the next round of this battle? Some help would be appreciated. How about a bit of positive support instead of a put down?