I found the following interesting, if written in a slightly contrived way.

The post asks what direction Zenith needs to be taken in by its new CEO.

I think in terms of us WIS, Zenith has a deserved good reputation but there's no doubt it's not a company that resonates with the public almost at all and it's struggling to make a real success of itself.

So what does a watch company with Zenith's history do to move forward and ensure its future is safe in this testing time?

I'm sure you gents will have your own thoughts.

This is the article that got me thinking: http://quillandpad.com/2017/01/05/new-ceo-zenith/

For what it's worth I don't think it does enough with its 'cutaway' dials. I don't really like them but if what you could see was REALLY interesting maybe I'd have my mind changed. With its El Primero line I feel like it's turning into an Omega Speedie - change the colour a bit, link up with a brand (see Land Rover), or a band (see Rolling Stones), make it an LE and 'hey presto'. It's lazy, even if some of the watches ARE very nice. They surely have to use their history far more too. And innovate, as the company has done in the past.

What the Quill and Pad guys say about a women's line is interesting too. I know for sure my mum would have loved more of a choice without diamonds/mother of pearl when she was choosing a watch a couple of years back. She ended up with an Omega Ladymatic, white dial, though there wasn't a lot of interesting choice.