closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming! Rolex GMT Master II 116719 BLRO

Threaded View

Craftsman

Incoming! Rolex GMT Master II 116719 BLRO

I feel lucky and privileged to finally own this piece, which is my ultimate Rolex (Platona excepted probably, but realistically that's never going to be in range for me). It essentially completes my collection also, being watch number four of my "inner circle" (JLC Duometre, AP RO, BLRO and no date SubC).

There are arguments against a precious metal sports watch certainly, but I couldn't be happier with it (especially knowing that I got it at a substantial discount) - my personality is such that I don't want the attention a coloured (full) gold Rolex would bring, so white gold is perfect for me - only me (and a few watch geeks) knowing what a special watch it is. As my first Gold bracelet watch also I've been really impressed with the warm and smooth feel of it on my wrist. It's supremely comfortable, even without the flexibility of a full GlideLock clasp (EasyLink is fine for me).

I had in mind the internet debates about the colour of the bezel (the blue half especially), but to my eyes it's perfect, and actually preferred to the rather bright colours of the older SS Pepsi reference. I hope these photos show that (on my screen at least they're an accurate representation) - I've seen a lot of photos which show the blue up as very purple, when in reality that's not the case.

Last edited by BlueIn2Red; 11th March 2017 at 14:10.