Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
It depends on the ink. Emerald of Chivor gunks up a pen a lot quicker than Shin-Kai.
Use Diamine Onyx black or Iroshizuku Take-Sumi. I feel the diamine is "wetter" than the Take-Sumi.

Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
Difficult one, depends on the pen and the ink. My Platinum 3776 can apparently be left up to 12 months due its special cap (never tested this theory), Diamine Oxblood and Red Dragon clog up my Twiss pens (in a month) but I think that's a red ink issue, so no hard and fast rules.

I've started having fewer pens permanently inked - used to be about 30ish - much less hassle with hard starts and fewer mammoth cleaning sessions.

Have now gone for 6 in my carry to work case and the others stored, cleaned and ready to go. So as I empty one a new one comes out of storage.
So it should be OK to leave them unused for 2 weeks or so?
The feed/nib takes bl***y ages to dry. I quite like my Sonnet for that, I can dismantle the pen and clean it separating the nib and feed, let it dry overnight-job done.The others, like my MB 146 and Pilot Sterling where I cannot take them apart take longer. I let them soak in water for an hour or so and stand them nib down on some folded up kitchen towel. Periodically puta few drops of water into the feed, repeat till there is no residual ink!.