closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Custom Rolex DLC

Threaded View

Custom Rolex DLC

This may not be popular here but some may get it and enjoy

I've always liked Rolex and lost count of how many I've had but had the majority of all the sports watches. Had my Daytona for a few years and I have a Datejust in rose gold and steel that I recently sold and bought straight back Sure i'm not alone on that one...

Anyhow there does come a time in this hobby when things get stale and you start looking at more interesting options from the norm. I have been a serial flipper for some years and have tried a lot of watches but slowed down this year, a bit. I have ventured into Hublots lately and love the modern design and technologies, especially on my Big Bang Unico. This has probably led me to this somewhat.

More recently I have been admiring SOME of the Bamford Rolex designs but the prices are either eye watering or piss taking, whichever your view. So i've decided to give it go but the slightly more DIY and cheaper route.

I've started with a new DateJust II model in its simplest and most boring form, bought stickered up from 2015 and got a decent discount. Here it is in all its plainness:

Excuse the poor picture, this was from my dealer and I forgot to photograph it.

I found someone to do the modifications I wanted at a reasonable price, its not cheap and quotes vary wildly and some companies will insist you buy a new Rolex from them. I had some quotes around £4k for DLC work!!!

I have had the watch stripped and polished to a matte finish as I didn't want a shiny black finish, I thought the matte would give a more stealthy look.

Here it is after polishing and stripped down ready for the DLC treatment:

I have chosen DLC over just PVD although similar process as most reports suggested it was more durable. Opinions vary on this so I will leave it there.

So what does it look like now?

Don't know but hope to have it back in a week or so will update you all then! Really excited to get it back

Cheers

James
    Last edited by champagne_james; 31st May 2016 at 20:41. Reason: spelling