Today I’m making an announcement I thought I would never make; I’m handing the forum over to new management.

TZ-UK started in October 2002, taking over from the “Timefactors Watch & Clock” message board on Network54 (it’s still there but closed). Quite a few of you were there in the beginning and have seen members come and go but the spirit of the forum remains unchanged. You will remember experiments with live video feeds, the Doxa sub-forum, a few strange characters, a lengthy DDoS attack and bouncing the server until it fell over one day – thanks Crusader!! A bit of stress but most of all, lots of fun.

Two factors led to my decision to sell the forum:
1. My “real” work, Time Factors, continues to grow and make ever-increasing demands on my time
and
2. My wife Carol had an accident in January this year which has significantly affected her mobility and I’ve had to take over all domestic chores. Again, this is very demanding of my time.
These factors led me to conclude that the best solution was to hand over control of TZ-UK to Verticalscope, who are prepared to invest time, money and expertise into ensuring that TZ-UK maintains and improves its prominent position as one of the foremost watch forums in the world.

Verticalscope has a wealth of experience running forums, including a handful of other watch forums. I’ve been working with them over the past month to ensure a seamless move to their servers and this experience, whilst causing me some sadness at parting with “my baby”, does not cause me any concerns regarding the future of the forum.

I’ll still be around, just not as much as I was. Thanks for all the good times.

Eddie