closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alpina Heritage Pilot 130 - A beauty

Threaded View

Alpina Heritage Pilot 130 - A beauty

I saw an article in a magazine last week regarding this rather beautiful watch.

To me, Alpina as a brand I'd only heard of in one or two threads here with show 'n' tells of what I'd call Citizen/Seiko bracket Sports automatics which looked ok but hadn't given them a second thought.

Apparently Alpina has a heritage lasting most of the 20th century, interrupted by the Quartz revolution in the 70s and 80s. It was relaunched in the UK as recently as 2012.

This model was unveiled at Basel last year but I'm surprised I've seen no mention of it anywhere and not on TZ that I can remember or find.

http://blog.dreamchrono.com/2013/11/...eritage-pilot/

It comes in black or white dial and SS/Gold PVD variants but I think the black with gold PVD case evokes that classic old Chronograph look the best, as the model was commemorated to do. I'm not entirely sure if there is a blue dial version as certain photos seem to suggest (not the ones I've chosen necessarily) - this looks lovely to me - or if the black has that lovely tint of rich blue in certain lights. I have not seen one in the metal but the photos below really do look good.

The price is not cheap at £2500 but I would certainly buy one.

Interested to hear if anyone has one or considered buying it. Also what it's like in the metal.

Last edited by scarto; 17th March 2014 at 14:48. Reason: Language