About a year ago I was able to get my hands on a new Seiko Sumo case. I always wanted a Sumo but never really had enough cash to afford one. When I got this I was off to a great project, I told myself. I then got an original Seiko 6r15 movement and since I could not get the original Seiko Sumo dial and hands, I resorted to the next best thing, the Seiko Marine Master dial and hands. This did not cost any less really but since I bought the parts staggered in a period of a couple of months, I was able to finance them.

I was happy for a bit but then I got bored... I wanted a change. I tried some more classic hands, the ones from the Seiko Alpinist earlier version. I liked them but the lume was a little weaker then the monster lume of the dial markers. This was visible after exposing the watch to the sun for a few minutes, and I became annoyed. But in my search I could not find any other Seiko or aftermarket hands that I liked, that would fit and that were as bright as the hour markers of the dial. Until I decided to do something that probably noone else had done. I got a set of original Omega Planet Ocean hands. I had this in mind for a while since I kind of like the Planet Ocean, but of course it's priced light years over my meager budget.

Anyway, after almost one month of wait, I got these in and promptly popped them on. Nice... and the lume is essentially the same, a little brighter at the beginning and fading a little quicker after a bit, but the difference is very minute and hardly visible, I was happy. A new custom was born, the Seiko Sumo Marine Master Broad Arrow...

And here are some pics, sorry for my amateurish attempt, the dust specs etc. but I hope you enjoy.