closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

These are two snippets of a conversation from elsewhere on the web this morning, with the two participants discussing the purchase of a £100 Rotary watch;

Nice looking watch, but it's an automatic. Can't see the appeal, myself - poor accuracy, compared with quartz, coupled with high service costs.
    nothing wrong with an automatic, if worn regularly it'll be as accurate, if not more so than a quartz. if you dont wear it
    regularly then what do you expect really.

Re: Meanwhile, back in the real world...

That really does put things into perspective! :D

Quote Originally Posted by SimonConnell
    These are two snippets of a conversation from elsewhere on the web this morning, with the two participants discussing the purchase of a £100 Rotary watch;

Nice looking watch, but it's an automatic. Can't see the appeal, myself - poor accuracy, compared with quartz, coupled with high service costs.
    [quote:1lcmu9y1]nothing wrong with an automatic, if worn regularly it'll be as accurate, if not more so than a quartz. if you dont wear it
    [/quote:1lcmu9y1]

Oh brother, missing the point and erroneous statements all in a few malformed sentences.

Even before I really started learning about watches through TZ, I wasn't that clueless about them.

Master
    Blog Entries

Which forum was that from?

Quote Originally Posted by phil h
    Which forum was that from?
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/ :lol:

Just tell them that if you don't wear an automatic, it will be exactly right twice a day for as long as you leave it...

Some people just aren't interested! Imagine if it was a conversation about washing machines, how much would you care if you were right or wrong?

Mind you, you wouldn't go on the internet to talk about it!

Quote Originally Posted by cg360
    Imagine if it was a conversation about washing machines, how much would you care if you were right or wrong?
    Come on, you're not going to say you aren't crazy about washing machines! Imagine all those moving parts inside working together!!

Grand Master

The guy is 100% right, if the poster is buying a watch for being a watch then a quartz will be more accurate, less maintenance and cheaper. If anyone i know is asking about watches at this price range then i point them to quartz, not a lot can go wrong with them except the battery needing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by cg360
    Some people just aren't interested! Imagine if it was a conversation about washing machines, how much would you care if you were right or wrong?

Mind you, you wouldn't go on the internet to talk about it!
    You were saying :D http://www.reviewcentre.com/forum271.html

Quote Originally Posted by SimonConnell

[quote:1nobs2un]nothing wrong with an automatic, if worn regularly it'll be as accurate, if not more so than a quartz. if you dont wear it
    [/quote:1nobs2un]

In some ways I envy them, I'd have more money in my pocket today if I didn't have this sickness :( Probably own my own house too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando

In some ways I envy them, I'd have more money in my pocket today if I didn't have this sickness :(
    You know you don't mean that! :D :lol:
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"