closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 44mm Paneria to big??

44mm Paneria to big??

I am considering a 44mm Paneria historic marina 111 i have a small 7inch wrist i must admit when i tryed one on it did feel to big mainly because of the shape alot larger than say a planet ocean 45mm do you consider with a small wrist the panerias just look to big?

Re: 44mm Paneria to big??

Case size is only part of it. Lug shape and case thickness impact, as does how long you wear your watches.

With Panerai it's the crown guard that does it for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

There's no point in getting it, if it's too big for you, but you could always try the 40mm Panerai range.
    In fact, I have a friend who has one, a Pam48 I think, it seems a good fit on him.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by tazio
    I am considering a 44mm Paneria historic marina 111 i have a small 7inch wrist i must admit when i tryed one on it did feel to big mainly because of the shape alot larger than say a planet ocean 45mm do you consider with a small wrist the panerias just look to big?
    All down to personal taste, my wrist is about 7'' and I have no trouble with a 44mm PAM in fact, I find it a lot more comfortable that my previously owned PO 45 and it doesn't look as big either

the radiomir wears better and apears smaler...

Grand Master

I've been a panerai fanboy for a few years, but due to shrinking wrists i just can't get away with certain models anymore. My wrist was 7" when i started wearing Panerai and i started with a 40mm model, it felt fine but then i wanted a sandwich dial and of course they're only on the 44mm models. So i just bit the bullet, bought a 44mm and at the beginning it felt huge, but after a while it actually felt normal and going back to a 40mm felt weird.

I guess it's all down to perception, the same thing happened when we bought our first LCD TV, before that we had a 28" TV and it felt fine, then we got a 40" LCD and it was just massive, the wife thought it was way too big, then after about a month we were used to it and actually started talking about maybe getting a 46" LCD TV as the 40" felt a bit small for the room :lol:

So in short, 7" is quite a standard size wrist for Panerai wearers, but as with everything jumping up a size does look and feel awkward until the brain gets used to it, then suddenly it's an everyday occurrence, the one thing i would say is that you need to make sure it's comfortable, the crown guard can be a pain sometimes, not so much on the luminors like the 111, but on the in-house models with the 'REG T.M' i just couldn't wear them anymore due to the constant digging the crown guard did on my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    the one thing i would say is that you need to make sure it's comfortable, the crown guard can be a pain sometimes, not so much on the luminors like the 111, but on the in-house models with the 'REG T.M' i just couldn't wear them anymore due to the constant digging the crown guard did on my hand.
    An easy solution to the crown guard issue is to wear watches on your right wrist :wink:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp
    the one thing i would say is that you need to make sure it's comfortable, the crown guard can be a pain sometimes, not so much on the luminors like the 111, but on the in-house models with the 'REG T.M' i just couldn't wear them anymore due to the constant digging the crown guard did on my hand.
    An easy solution to the crown guard issue is to wear watches on your right wrist :wink:

Then the sub-dial is on the wrong side :(

Blog Entries

A real Panny shouldn't have a sub-dial :D

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

wrong side? Not been something I noticed to be honest, nor been a problem. I've thought about destro, but they just look wrong IMO with the sub-dial at the 3 position.

Craftsman

My first "nice" watch was a 44mm PAM176, I just wore it because it was the only watch I had. I quickly got used it on my 7" wrist and never really gave it a thought. Then I bought a Speedie. The difference in comfort was amazing. It's not a small watch at 42mm, but it's very very comfortable, next was a sea dweller at 39mm. It's still not as comfortable as the speedie but I love it all the same. Then I went and got an IWC - mark XVI 39mm, pure class and comfort, and the one that gets most wrist time. Although I do think the a 44mm panerai isn't too big for a 7" wrist, all I can say is that mine spends more time in the box these days, to the point where I'm now considering trading down to a 40mm. Another thing to consider is "trend", although I know we don't buy for those reasons, do we. Are the days of the big watch shifting to more sensible sizes?

I'm wearing both 44mm and 47mm on my 6,5 wrists.
    Admitting the 47 might be a bit too large, but 44 is perfect...
    When I got my first PAM it felt huuuge, a couple of weeks later it almost felt small.

Big is better IMO, Ive tried wearing smaller watches but just cant get used to them.
    So I have to have a watch that is 42mm or bigger

Journeyman

I have a PAM90 (44mm) and it fits perfectly on my 7" wrist. Yes it looks and feels a bit bigger than some of my other watches, but in no way is it too big. I guess at the end of the day it's down to personal preferences though

Thanks guys great imput just one other question the historics are all hand wound so are they slimer in case thickness and so more comfortable than the automatics which due to the movements are presumable heavier and bigger it was an AUTOMACTIC that i tried on but it is a 111 historic that i would like?

Grand Master

If you want something a bit lighter then have a look at the 177, it's the same historic model as the 111, but in titanium. I had one of these and will have another one next year when i raise the funds, a great watch overall.

I love the 40mm - big watches are nice, but I suspect the trend will move toward more discreet, smaller pieces again.

Had a Pam 104 44mm and its just about ok on my 6.5" wrists. 44mm is just about the maximum for me.

You'll be fine with a 44m Luminor on a 7" wrist.... :thumbright:

If you want something a bit lighter then have a look at the 177, it's the same historic model as the 111, but in titanium. I had one of these and will have another one next year when i raise the funds, a great watch overall.
    Its on my wrist as I type! :D

Ryan, I swapped the Kaktus for a black Heroic18, which is longer. Loved the Kaktus but just too short for me.

I've got a 111 on my 6.75" wrist, feels and looks great :)

i wear a 40mm, and it wears big on the wrist. so i think its a good choice.