closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 1,301 to 1,312 of 1312

Thread: Let's see your guitars

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Sounds like a cracking deal. Although I’d have happily given you a good price for the Junior

So it’s Strat Saturday then tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TBH I can't be bothered to sell guitars much as they are bit harder to pack/send than watches.

It was Strat Saturday though!

The "modified" stuff is all good.

I like the matt finish on the back of the neck, the 9.5" radius and pau ferro are fine.

The warmed up '60'S pickups sound really good too.

A few pics:

Difficult to get a good pic of the colour.

Board is pau ferro which TBH doesn't look a lot different to my rosewood jobs.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Incoming…

Been looking for a travel guitar for ages and had it nailed down to three possibles, but the GS Mini just edged it.

I also wanted the Rosewood and Sitka combo with tortoiseshell guard, which are now discontinued.

Serendipity listed this two days ago on a trusted music shop site, so seemed rude not to buy myself a birthday treat
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 5th April 2024 at 20:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Incoming…

Been looking for a travel guitar for ages and had it nailed down to three possibles, but the GS Mini just edged it.

I also wanted the Rosewood and Sitka combo with tortoiseshell guard, which are now discontinued.

Serendipity listed this two days ago on a trusted music shop site, so seemed rude not buy myself a birthday treat
    That's lovely, been eyeing these lately myself.

Master
    Incoming…

Serendipity listed this two days ago on a trusted music shop site, so seemed rude not buy myself a birthday treat
    I have the exact same one, and I love it.

Didn’t realise they were discontinued - I thought this was the most popular variant?

Another recent acquisition: a Schecter Demon-8. Bought secondhand off FB for a great price, it was looking very for itself with loads of scuffs and swirls - all polished out though. A bit of TLC and some fresh strings and now it looks and plays great. It’s quite a beast, active pickups, and as with most Schecters it needs no setup work.

It's got too many strings.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It's got too many strings.
    On that, my fingers would agree!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    Another recent acquisition: a Schecter Demon-8. Bought secondhand off FB for a great price, it was looking very for itself with loads of scuffs and swirls - all polished out though. A bit of TLC and some fresh strings and now it looks and plays great. It’s quite a beast, active pickups, and as with most Schecters it needs no setup work.

What do you use to polish out the scuffs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I have the exact same one, and I love it.

Didn’t realise they were discontinued - I thought this was the most popular variant?
    From my web searches, you can get the rosewood layered in e-versions, but not on a straight guitar.

The only variant with the sitka top I found available was the sapele layered, which I've played and loved the feel and sound of, but I just prefer the rosewood appearance and the tortoise pick guard. It will sound exactly the same so purely an aesthetic choice.

The sapele looks like this:

Last edited by Onelasttime; 5th April 2024 at 20:15.

Incoming…

Serendipity listed this two days ago on a trusted music shop site, so seemed rude not to buy myself a birthday treat
    I have the same one. It's an awesome instrument. I found one on eBay and I think genuinely it has made me play my guitar more and more.

It's small so you leave it out and then just grab it and play it.

Looks the business, sounds the business and is clearly very well made.

For clarity, I am talking about a GS mini here!

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

Master
    Mine is on Sales Corner!!!! Plenty of pics too! :)
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Guitar-(Mint)

Master
    Incoming…

Awesome!