closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Time to flip

Time to flip

I have a full sized Seamaster Pro as my daily wearer and I love the watch to bits. It is in for it's service and I miss it enormously (been in 4 weeks so 6 long weeks to wait!). So to keep the wrist from feeling lonely I've been wearing my Speedmaster Automatic (model 35135000) which is a lovely looking watch. But since I have been wearing it solidly for 4 weeks I have realised how noisy it is compared to the Seamaster.

I only hear the rotor occasionally and only with a certain flick of the wrist but I find it bloody annoying. I have read that the 1152 movement does suffer from the rotor noise but I never really noticed it before as the watch has only had occasional wear.

I think it might be time to flip and trade in for something else...

Has anyone else had a niggle with the noise of their watch?

Re: Time to flip

My Speedy reduced had the most audible rotor I've ever heard but it did not bother me as it looked so sweeeeeeeeeeet 8)
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Craftsman

Tis a bit of a "marmite" watch the Speedie Reduced it seems, with opinions definitely divided.....

I enjoyed my one whilst I had it, but don't miss it hugely and doubt I'll ever actively seek out another.....

If it's served it's purpose then try something else I'd say - plenty about if you change your mind and want to get another!!

Rgds,

David.

My SM Aqua Terra has a 3301 caliber, and I really love the sound of it. It rattles beautifully!

I consider the sound a plus, not at all annoying! :P

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe
    I have a full sized Seamaster Pro as my daily wearer and I love the watch to bits. It is in for it's service and I miss it enormously (been in 4 weeks so 6 long weeks to wait!). So to keep the wrist from feeling lonely I've been wearing my Speedmaster Automatic (model 35135000) which is a lovely looking watch. But msince I have been wearing it solidly for 4 weeks I have realised how noisy it is compared to the Seamaster.
    Your Speedmaster automatic is not a Reduced. It is a Speedmaster Date, and has a Valjoux 7750 movement, which is well known for being noisy (the rotor only winds in one direction, and freewheels in the other) and for many, that's part of its charm.

The Speedmaster 'Reduced' has a 2892 movement, winding in both directions, with a piggy-back chrono movement. The main part of the movement is the same as the one in the Seamaster Pro - a 2892. (Although ETA mods it for Omega to give it better winding efficiency.)

Many people seem to call all Speedmaster automatics a "Reduced" which is not correct, since the "Reduced" is a specific model in the line-up. Nor do they share cases (compare lug widths, for starters) or other specifications.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Journeyman

I love the sound and the noise my auto makes 8) Its all part of the charm for me :D

I have a Breitling with a 7750 movement, you can both hear and feel the rotor, I like it :)

I like noisy rotors, you know they are working, all my Citizen auto's have the one directional winding and are quite noisy. :D

Was the thread title pun intended? :wink:

I canīt remember if the Reduced I had was noisy, but if it was, Iīd have liked it.