closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedbird II Reviews anyone?

Speedbird II Reviews anyone?

I amlooking for a review of the Speedbird II. Formal, informal, whatever. I would like to hear a few owners thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
    Todd

Sorry. Don't have review but you can compare it with the 1
    http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Thank you John! :)

One of the best watches in my collection, my SBII! I had it bought for me for my 40th birthday. It's the ivory version, which I think makes it very distinctive. Keeps excellent time and, I think, is hugely attractive. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Steve.

I don't write reviews but I own a SB1 and a SB2 (goldbird) and I am pleased with both. The goldbird is the cream dialed version.

I have a Goldbird II - black dial - and it's a peach. It's big and weighty and has a dial / hands arrangement I really like. The Lume is excellent one of the few watches I have that lasts all night and I can actually read.
    The Darlena deployant suits it very well. All in all I thought it was good enough to get married in :wink:

Funnily enough I got it out for wearing this evening :lol:

I think the Speedbird II would make an excellent 'aviation' watch.

Quote Originally Posted by docd
    I have a Goldbird II - black dial - and it's a peach. It's big and weighty and has a dial / hands arrangement I really like. The Lume is excellent one of the few watches I have that lasts all night and I can actually read.
    The Darlena deployant suits it very well. All in all I thought it was good enough to get married in :wink:

Funnily enough I got it out for wearing this evening :lol:

I think the Speedbird II would make an excellent 'aviation' watch.
    Thanks Chris! :)

Master
    I will not be surprised to find myself at odds with some other PRS-1 owners, but I actually find the Speedbird II to be an improvement over the Speedbird, with one exception.

I prefer having the chapter ring at the outer edge of the dial, it makes the dial feel more spacious. I find the absence of a date inconvenient, so that is a welcome addition to the Speedbird II.

The only area where, for me, the Speedbird wins is the crown. The original Speedbird crown is larger, and I prefer it.

I have both black and ivory dial versions of the II, and enjoy them both. I have found that I particularly enjoy them on this mesh bracelet:

I don't see what you could possibly not like about the Speedbird. Good movement, perfect proportions, simple, classic design.

It's good enough that you might find yourself hanging on to it for 2 or maybe even 3 months before selling it :lol:

Kevin

The Speedbird looks awesome on Mesh - cheers Kevin :P

It's strange how the same design in different packaging with different straps can lead to watches with a completely different 'look and feel'.
    Kevins Speedbird doesn't look dressy but very purposeful and functional 8)

A Speedbird would be a keeper - you would get virtually no plastering done for the price of flipping one :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by KCampbell

It's good enough that you might find yourself hanging on to it for 2 or maybe even 3 months before selling it :lol:

Kevin
    LMAO Kevin!! :lol: :lol:
    Imagine that? Me... hold a watch for a few mo... mon... month.... I can't even say it!
    In the words of Euvegenia Doubtfire... "You wicked, wicked man!"

Actually, in all honesty, I have been thinning the collection to save a bit towards the new house. Settling in with my 16610 for everyday business, Atlantic diver and Luminox 3201 as beaters, and looking at the Speedbird to fill the void as a nice alternative all-a-rounder.

Cheers,
    Todd

I have the ivory SB 2 and I absolutely love it. Recently I put it on a brown aviator strap and now it looks even better. I'll post some rough pictures later tonight if I get the time to fool around with the cam.

Here you go. Nevermind the picture quality or my lack of photo skills.