closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward

What are people's opinions on them?

I had a C5 for a short time, but the proportions weren't right so I sent it back. Since then I've been thinking about a C40 or C8.

Anyone have any wrist shots of either?

cheers,
    Mark

Craftsman

Re: Christopher Ward

I have the Malvern, good for the dosh, but you might like to ask this question on the CWL forum...

Always kind of liked the look of these but they strike me (maybe incorrectly) as a Swiss watch company that just happen to be run from England. They are certainly more corporate than artisans and give me a mass-produced feel that I do not get from companies like TF.

Having said that you get a lot of watch for the money and, from what I have read, high quality finishing.

Be interested in hearing other people's opinions though....

BB

Journeyman

Mate at work has a couple, he's very pleased with them.....

Craftsman

I did ask a watch friend of mine in Ernest Jones what he thought of them. He didn't try and dissuade me but he did seem to think they suffered from reliability issues. Before I get flamed, I have no data to back this up, it was just the opinion of someone within the retail community.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

I've had a few and still have a few...one of which is the C8.
    Never had reliability issues.....can't fault the customer service on the whole or the 60/60 guarantee imho
    If you want to see photos of them best place to go is the Christopher Ward forum-there is a gallery section.You probably won't get much joy here ......use the search function and all becomes clear.

Its certainly nice to see home grown talent in the more affordable vein to us mere mortals than the likes of Bremont!

Craftsman

I have a C4 which I use as a pick up and go - looks nice because it's on a toshi.

The autos particularly are good value for money IMO. I don't own any CW autos but have had a look at a Malvern in the flesh and it's a great watch at that price point.

My wife has a tank shaped ladies CW quartz with diamonds on a blue strap and it looks really funky - she loves it. Given that most ladies watches are quartz anyway it represented very good value for a nice looking piece. the dial is mother of pearl and looks great. She wears it more than her cartier auto. :shock:

As a company they're great to deal with for the most part and there is a decent community on the forum. Some of the new range look gash IMHO but the new diver looks interesting and the C40 is at a nice price point for an auto chrono. I have my name down for the forum LE and that looks like a winner for the price.

Personally I like what they're doing. They jump in with both feet sometimes but good luck to them.

Journeyman

I have several CWL, they are good reliable watches and I believe they offer good value for money.

I dont have either of the watches you are looking at but the C8 has been out for some time and has had good reviews, the C40 has just be launched and there are some early reviews on the forum website.

For me I like the C6 divers watch and have just got the auto version C60 LE which is a very good watch and is getting a lot of wrist time along with my PRS -3.

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma about what my next purchase will be. I've got my eye on:

A stowa (see another thread)
    A seiko on ebay
    A CWL (C40 or C8 pilot), also can't decide which colour combo I like best

or saving up a bit longer for something different. Just bought a 4 watch winder so feel the need to fill it now y'see

Mark