closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: OT - Sales Corner

OT - Sales Corner

Hi all

This is off thread but wasn't sure where to post it so please excuse me and move it if it should be elsewhere.

I am new to the forum, and know that I need 50 posts to be able to post a message in the Sales Corner, but now I can't even view this area. Has some thing changed I've missed or are newbies discouraged from this area? I was looking at buying and thought I could do it though PMs.

Regards
    Gerard

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Re: OT - Sales Corner

Hello....read this http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93370 and all becomes clear!

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93370

Tiny weee discussion here :wink:
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Many thanks....I completely missed that!!! :shock:
    Oh well.... :roll:

Regards
    Gerard

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

no disrespect , but this is a prime example of whats going on here, straight to the sc, never mind the rest of the forum. :roll:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    no disrespect , but this is a prime example of whats going on here, straight to the sc, never mind the rest of the forum. :roll:
    Skip dinner and a movie... :wink:

Master

Shame you can't even look now :(

The 50 post minimum can be difficult to reach if you have a very narrow view of interest - I'm only interested in blue faced Breitling Chronos :)

Craftsman

I've bought loads of stuff from the SC but can't see it any more due to the count. Not interested in selling personally so it's a shame. Will have to find somewhere else to buy from as I'm not really going to get to 50 in any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by markdotreed
    Not interested in selling personally so it's a shame.
    Another example of take take take :roll:

Has the info on the new ruling been posted somewhere else on the site other than in these threads? So people can quickly find out what's happening with SC and WTB now. Just thinking it might stop multiple threads like this covering the same topic.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Err.. Don't see your point?

It's easier to trust someone if you've got to know them a little through their posts (for better or for worse).

Hopefully it'll encourage more site searching and participation.

I think he wants newbies to sell him watches cheaply :-)

You only want to BUY (i.e. take) from the sales corner, with no intention of "selling" back into the community... and with your admission that you have no intention of posting on the forum you are a prime example of why things have got the way they are :(

Having been ripped off recently (not on here.), I view this place as one of the last places to deal online safley in the watch world. I agree totally with the post limit.

If someone has joined TZ it should be to discuss their hobby via a forum, the sales corner is a added bonus for genuine members and contributors.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    Watches do appear to get sold on Sales Corner but not apparently without a huge amount of cooing, comment (both relevant and irrelevant) and a lot of timewasting chatter.

Its brilliant.

Craftsman

You only want to BUY (i.e. take) from the sales corner, with no intention of "selling" back into the community... and with your admission that you have no intention of posting on the forum you are a prime example of why things have got the way they are :(
    Comments from 'Keyboard Warriors' like you is the reason I don't really post. Guess I best off away from this place after all.

Master

As a relative newbie I don't really see the problem with the post limit to view SC. If it helps make it a safer place to buy and sell then great.
    Although I could view SC when I joined, I didn't realise I could buy via PM until I nearly had my 50 posts anyway.
    This site is much more than just SC. I've learnt loads from watch talk and had lots of amusement in the boys room. If you don't want to take part then don't. It's your choice - but don't complain about not having access to SC.

Blog Entries

Comments from 'Keyboard Warriors' like you is the reason I don't really post. Guess I best off away from this place after all.
    "Keyboardwarriors" like him keep this forum alive.
    If you can't live with those rules, you are free to go to another place, or "off" away as you so eloquently put it :)
    After all, we won't miss your input :wink:

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Just to post a lot of posts, to quickly get 50, and join the SC... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Olic
    Having been ripped off recently (not on here.), I view this place as one of the last places to deal online safley in the watch world. I agree totally with the post limit.

If someone has joined TZ it should be to discuss their hobby via a forum, the sales corner is a added bonus for genuine members and contributors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynar
    As a relative newbie I don't really see the problem with the post limit to view SC. If it helps make it a safer place to buy and sell then great.
    Although I could view SC when I joined, I didn't realise I could buy via PM until I nearly had my 50 posts anyway.
    This site is much more than just SC. I've learnt loads from watch talk and had lots of amusement in the boys room. If you don't want to take part then don't. It's your choice - but don't complain about not having access to SC.
    Thank you gentlemen, :salute:

it is good to see that there are new forummers who have a grasp of what a forum like this is about, instead of some whining others in this thread

Sorry, but this is just nonesense. Anyone placing their watch for sale on sc is looking for the best price they can get. This is best achieved by having the maximum number of people consider their offer, whether those people choose to participate in discussions or not. And what's this about 'taking'?' He's not 'taking', he's putting money into the pockets (or watch funds) of people who want it more than the watch they're offering. And I wasn't aware that there was a shortage of wristwatches such that it be important that someone 'sell back into the community'. This may come as a surprise, but some people buy watches to keep and wear.

I am new here as well and slowly building up enough credits to get access to the sales and WTB forum. The fact is you will get scammers even with this rule in place, it just means you will likely get less scammers. At the same time it also means users of the forums WTB and sales sections may not get the responses they want or indeed the prices they want for their watches as the passing watch buyer will not bother returning. It is swings and roundabouts to be honest, I have been conned myself and I can just stress, do not deal with anyone unless you are certain. I find that getting someone to send an email from their works email address is a good way of validating someone as you can call that office and seek clarification. Naturally the bigger the company the better. I have seen people scammed by groups working together to give references of the forums, so do watch out for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1

Sorry, but this is just nonesense. Anyone placing their watch for sale on sc is looking for the best price they can get. This is best achieved by having the maximum number of people consider their offer, whether those people choose to participate in discussions or not. And what's this about 'taking'?' He's not 'taking', he's putting money into the pockets (or watch funds) of people who want it more than the watch they're offering. And I wasn't aware that there was a shortage of wristwatches such that it be important that someone 'sell back into the community'. This may come as a surprise, but some people buy watches to keep and wear.
    I have to agree with you on this. even as you have done, making people make 50 posts before using the sales corner does not mean they will carry on posting once they have purchased or sold a watch. I certainly didn't carry on going to church once i got married, even though I had to attend in the first place to get married.

Journeyman

Love this - how is it going to affect the commercial activities of some very long standing members of the forum? I remember the forum went down a year or so back and (surprise surprise) some familiar names sprang up on the RLT sales corner site!!.

CB40

Eddie has closed the other thread, now you start all over again or what?
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

I'm sorry I opened this can of worms.
    Maybe this thread should be deleated or closed.

Needless to say I'm a newbie here (but not else where) who loves watches...predominately Seiko, Rolex, Glycine so in the past I've gone to sites which specialize in these brands as that is where my interest lies. However when trying to buy, most of the ads have been US based and there are the usual problems with importing etc...hence when I found this site i was excited as it is predominately UK based.

I found it b/c I was looking for a Zeno Army watch, I did ask Timefactors late last year if they had any in stock and the response was negative as they had sold out and weren't sure of supply. It appears Zeno have issues with Timefactors pricing. Therefore I would go to the Sales Corner to see if one had come available....no other reason.

I accept if the rules are I must post 50 times, I must post 50 times. However I have seen a lot of posting which (IMHO) one really questions if it ads anything to the thread. Posting for the sake of posting. Sorry that is just not me.

Anyway I've probably said enough, and upset enough people, I'll be quiet and continue my quest for a Zeno.

Best regards
    Gerard

Blog Entries

Good luck with the Zeno Gerard.
    And show some stamina, and stay on for a bit, this place grows on you :)

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Shame,but rules are rules.I've bought one watch fron SC and it was a smooth no nonsence transaction and just felt safe.

Best wishes...

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Quote Originally Posted by gerard
    I'm sorry I opened this can of worms.
    Maybe this thread should be deleated or closed.

Gerard

I think you are right...but do stick around 'cause like the man said,this place grows on you!

Craftsman

I have bought around 10 watches from SC so far. It's a pity I need a 50 postcount now. I dont think this will increase the quality of the first 50 posting of a yuite a few newbies a lot...

I am giving myself a hard time trying to post quality postings....not counting this one though.

Whilst I accept that rules are rules(plus other similar cliches )and that measures must be taken to protect the integrity of the site, it seems that this somewhat draconian measure can lead only to an increase in the (often pointless) one-line responses.
    Logically,this means that posts that result from greater commitment to thought will take longer and be fewer in number.Consequently,such posters will be penalised - is this fair? Probably not - but as previously stated "rules are rules" and as such must be obeyed.

Apprentice

Perhaps it would be a good idea to sticky one of these threads so that people would know why they are now locked out.

It was a bit off-putting to find yesterday that I couldnot access a feature of the site, especially when I could find no mention of it after a cursory glance in the other forums (I managed to miss the big locked thread).

Quote Originally Posted by BiggusLaddus
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to sticky one of these threads so that people would know why they are now locked out.

It was a bit off-putting to find yesterday that I couldnot access a feature of the site, especially when I could find no mention of it after a cursory glance in the other forums (I managed to miss the big locked thread).
    That would be a good idea.

teach you to sit on your arse since 2007 and only 26 posts.

if everyone did the same there wouldn't be a forum . Full stop.

Craftsman

indeed - need 2 keep that posting rate up !

Master
    Blog Entries

I've bought loads of stuff from the SC but can't see it any more due to the count. Not interested in selling personally so it's a shame. Will have to find somewhere else to buy from as I'm not really going to get to 50 in any time soon
    Bye

Banned

I have a Brain Cell for sale to everyone with a count of under 50, maybe then these threads will STOP :roll:

Master

Patience is virtue.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1
    This is a watch forum, first and foremost. The SC is for participants of this forum - so the recent rules are there as an attempt to ensure that remains so.

If you don't like it, don't participate - if you want the 'best price as a result of having the maximum number of people' then go sell and buy on eBay.

Simple.

R

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe

teach you to sit on your arse since 2007 and only 26 posts.

if everyone did the same there wouldn't be a forum . Full stop.
    To be perfectly honest 'mate', your response to my suggestion of a sticky so that everyone knows what is going on, is hardly likely to encourage me to join in more is it?