closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PRS3LE Picture thread

Re: PRS3LE Picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by DDtB
    Don't suppose anyone has a pic of a blue LE on a black leather strap (ideally with blue stitching??) :?: :?:

:?: :?:

:lol:
    I have one on the Yellow from watchworx
    The plain leather is of off the Sub Quartz, which also worked OK on the Blue (but no pics)

I have a Blue Hirsch coming tomorrow for the Blue LE, when I've figured how to fit it snuggly I'll do some pics

Hope thats useful :?:

Craftsman

Cheers Jimboy.

Did some photochopping last night and a decision has been made.

Photos to follow in approx 10 days... :wink:

:lol:

Very nice watches. I think I have to go for it!

Andreas

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by jimboy
    I have a Blue Hirsch coming tomorrow for the Blue LE, when I've figured how to fit it snuggly I'll do some pics

Hi jimboy, has the Hirsch arrived yet? Wondering which leather to put on my Bluey?

well I want one!!

Journeyman

Here's mine on the Blue Rubber strap supplied...

Quote Originally Posted by storyteller

Hi jimboy, has the Hirsch arrived yet? Wondering which leather to put on my Bluey?
    Hi Storyteller, yes and here it is, it is nice and comfortable, but a bit of a bugger to fit.

I may have another go (HAVE NOW), try to get the strap to fit really snug on the casing. Hirsch do overide the fitting instruction by saying it may not suit every lug/pin configuration, so this may be the best can be had on a PRS3?
    Maybe I should have got the Grand Duke instead, same colour and quality, without the curve.

I got the strap from the bay, WatchObsession seems to be the cheapest seller.

Journeyman

Hi jimboy, the strap looks really good - I didn't know you could get curved straps so that's a great idea. What problem did you have fitting it? It looks well fitted?

Quote Originally Posted by storyteller
    Hi jimboy, the strap looks really good - I didn't know you could get curved straps so that's a great idea. What problem did you have fitting it? It looks well fitted?
    The Hirsch Principle has an insert with two pin holes set at an angle for 1.5mm pins. The insert can go be pulled out and go back in, in four postions to get the curve as close as possible to the casing. Google "Hircsh Principle fitting instructions" and you will see what I mean. But it is comfortable and looks good I think. I have the Yellow PRS3 on a Herzog Torino with white stitching and that is good also. (from watchbandcenter.com)

Journeyman

The Hirsch Principle has an insert with two pin holes set at an angle for 1.5mm pins. The insert can go be pulled out and go back in, in four postions to get the curve as close as possible to the casing. Google "Hircsh Principle fitting instructions" and you will see what I mean.
    OK, I've looked and now seen your pics on the desktop (on phone before, therefore too small) and now I understand how you found it difficult and now understand how the Hirsch curved end straps work. Have you tried all the positions?

Here's a few of mine. First on the PU strap.

I also had it for a few days on the black strap that the Submersible comes on but didn't get any decent photos of it.
    Now it's finally on a properly sized bracelet and I love it, so it'll be staying in this guise for the time being!

Tom, that is simply stunning!

I love the watch on the PU, and I also think it looks excellent on the bracelet - I'm not sure which I'd go for myself, a real quandry.

Great shot with with the Monster - I wondered if having the Monster would make the 3LE a difficult addition, but not a hint of it. They are clearly two completely different watches; only problem is deciding which one to adorn the wrist of a morning!

Cheers Greg :D !

I picked up a Toshi on SC the other day. It's black with pale yellow stitching (although the yellow is slightly faded - was like that when I got it) and I think it really suits the watch. It's also damn comfy (Cheers Rich)! Here're a few pics for anyone who's thinking of going for a Toshi :D

and a slightly iffy wrist shot to finish off (apologies I just can't get the hang of these )

Journeyman

Great shots Tom, wish my wristy's were as bad as yours :)

Apprentice

inspiring... keep posting, guys! :P

Here's a couple of 40/50 in blue...

Amazing, taking photo's of this how the bezel changes from almost black to a bright electric blue!

Journeyman

Nice shots andyjay - anyone got any fresh wristies of the Blue LE on leather straps that have not already been posted :idea:

Quote Originally Posted by quoll

Thanks for posting quoll. Lovely pics and making me excited about collecting yellow #4 from the post office tomorrow afternoon. They actually tried to deliver it on Friday during the 1 hour of the entire day that we popped out so I narrowly missed having it already.

Which strap do you prefer? I think I'll probably it on the bracelet if I don't find it too heavy as it will be occasionally worn with a suit in an office and will also be subjected to swimming, diving etc. Much as I like the look of the Toshi straps I don't think they are very waterproof. I may consider a waterproof D-Modell Chronissimo as someone posted a pic of the watch looking good on this strap.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread from a couple of years ago rather than start a new one so the pictures all stay together.

When I got my PRS3LE a couple of years ago I had a fairly average camera, and felt the pictures I'd taken didn't do the watch justice.

I recently picked up a used Lumix TZ10 on SC which among other things has a macro mode (yay) and was determined to get some better shots of my Yellow Dial LE. I had a play with different backgrounds and light levels, and it's pretty tricky trying to avoid reflections of me/the camera from the crystal whilst still getting good light on the dial and with no shadows etc. Good fun though, but I think I need a better camera already...

Anyway, I think they're better than my previous efforts, but still nowhere near the best that some of the other guys on here produce. Hopefully people like them, and maybe want to post some of their own? There hasn't really been much chat about these of late, but I'm still loving mine

Quote Originally Posted by twhp101 View Post

nice pics...tks for sharing

Blog Entries
    These are so nice. Would have bought one by now but had to get my PO first. Like the black though so non le probably if they're still going when i've got more pressy points.
    Ian

I've had mine a couple of years but my wife has nicked it full time now. She had a Chris Ward divers watch but the rubber strap broke and next thing I know she's put the yellow rubber strap back on to my PRS3LE and wears it every day. I never wore it really so better than sitting in a drawer.

I'm a newbie to TZ and just seen this thread. The yellow PRS-3 looks awesome! Blue looks really cool too. Good to see so many different straps.

Here's a couple of pics of my orange one, no. 39/50

Cheers!
    Mark

I have the yellow LE.

The orange is now top of my WTB list. :)

Craftsman
    No 40,

Bought from SC as I missed out when they were new.

Recently pick up a Non LE.
    One of Eddies greatest.

Enjoy

A fantastic watch and I'm constantly surprised that the yellow and orange versions are still in stock.
    Anyway, here's my yellow LE: