Apologies for the pics chaps, they ain't great. My first foray into reviewdom too.

I bought this one about ten years ago – my first ‘proper’ watch. It was in a jeweler, Terrence Lett, in Witney, West Oxfordshire, where I was living at the time. They’d lost the Oris franchise and were selling the remaining stock off cheap. I’d always liked Orises, so it was too good to miss. I bit the guy’s arm off – one for me and one for my ex-wife.

I’m embarrassed to say I know very little about these – and a web search doesn’t really turn up much of any use. Any Orisisti in the parish who can tell me more?

Mine is still in fine shape, runs well indeed – all the more so as it’s just been serviced by The Watch Doctor in Tring. They repaired the screw-down crown (how excited was I when I found out it had one of those!)

It's one of the few mechs I'll wear on the tennis court - it just exudes a sort of "I'm so well-hewn from a block of solid stainless that a few bashes aren't going to hurt me!"

27 jewel self-winding movement, waterresistant to 50m and the case, according to the back (which is sapphire) the case is all stainless steel.

It still keeps exceptional time years after I bought it, and it gets more compliments than almost any other watch I have.