closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch box recommendations

Master

Watch box recommendations

Hi all,

From not having a good watch early this year to be now owning 4 watches and one more incoming :shock: I never ever thought ever that I would own more than one watch :shock: what is wrong with me and of course saying yes to another classic vintage yesterday which may take a while coming from the States. So i need a watch box that hols six watches my wife Linda found one for my birthday but the company was out of stock so we left it. The one she saw had a glass lid which I thought was quite a good idea so as to be able to see the little beauties in there :D Anyway I don't want to spend a great deal so can anyone give me some pointers, or has someone got one they would like to sell on.

Many Thanks

Andy

Re: Watch box recommendations

Hi, I bought a watch box from someone on ebay. I suspect it's not to everyones tastes due to the colour etc. I was not that bothered really, would have preferred black, but needed something that would contain my growing collection. The seller is still on ebay and I just checked, this was the one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-Fabulous-Che...3%3A1|294%3A50

(hope links to ebay are allowed).

I can probably take some pics of the one I got if it's of any help.

The thing I will say is that it looks okay for the most part, but don't spend too much time studying the wood and finish around the hinges etc. Put it like this, I am no carpenter, but I have my doubts that it is real cherry wood...

BUT, for the money, it holds a lot of watches :)

Amazon recently had some good deals on Rapport watch boxes. I bought a very nice leather 8 watch box for £75 after a heads up from someone on here. Showing as unavailable on Amazon a the moment though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rapport-C428-co ... B001DCELZ4

Craftsman

I'll second Amazon as being a good place to search around, it worked for me.

I was after a reasonably-priced but good quality box for a couple of watches recently. I eventually found an excellent leather one with a glass panel in the lid made by Dulwich Designs. Excellent quality, and very low price (around 20 quid).

For six watches, I found this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dulwich-Spac...2002451&sr=1-3

There are many other Dulwich ones on there, have a browse.

I got my carbon fibre one from here (I just e-mailed the guy directly):

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/t ... AS+present

There are a couple of pics on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76050&start=15

It really is a quality piece of kit. Happy to take more pics if anyone's interested but his pics are probably better than mine...!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by lawnmowerman78

It really is a quality piece of kit. Happy to take more pics if anyone's interested but his pics are probably better than mine...!
    Yes, I'd recommend Rainer's boxes, as well! If you do not want to spend the money on Carbon/ Redwood... he also offers a "budget" box holding between 5 (smallest) to 18 (biggest) watches. I have four of his boxes and I am happy with them.

all the best

Jan

Master

Quote Originally Posted by JHM

Yes, I'd recommend Rainer's boxes, as well! If you do not want to spend the money on Carbon/ Redwood... he also offers a "budget" box holding between 5 (smallest) to 18 (biggest) watches. I have four of his boxes and I am happy with them.

all the best

Jan
    Does anyone have a DeepSea or anything of similar thickness in one of Rainers boxes...?

I have a nice watch box the only problem with it is that it is not deep enough for the likes of Panerai or a DS...

Cheers

My newly acquired MM fits in there with no problems.

If you look at the pics on the thread I linked to, it's sat in the far right space but that was just to fit in with the order I originally posted the list of my watches...

The box won't actually close with it there because the crown guard sticks out too far but it's fine in any other slot!

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by russhill
    Hi, I bought a watch box from someone on ebay. I suspect it's not to everyones tastes due to the colour etc. I was not that bothered really, would have preferred black, but needed something that would contain my growing collection. The seller is still on ebay and I just checked, this was the one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-Fabulous-Che...3%3A1|294%3A50

(hope links to ebay are allowed).

I can probably take some pics of the one I got if it's of any help.

The thing I will say is that it looks okay for the most part, but don't spend too much time studying the wood and finish around the hinges etc. Put it like this, I am no carpenter, but I have my doubts that it is real cherry wood...

BUT, for the money, it holds a lot of watches :)
    I have one of these boxes and I am very pleased with it. To my mind it can't be beaten on the cost/watch ratio

Craftsman

Anyone know if he is still making them? May be interested in getting one...

Master

My newly acquired MM fits in there with no problems.

If you look at the pics on the thread I linked to, it's sat in the far right space but that was just to fit in with the order I originally posted the list of my watches...

The box won't actually close with it there because the crown guard sticks out too far but it's fine in any other slot!

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers,

Paul
    Cheers Paul, I have got in contact with him.

I ordered on of these last week, arrived yesterday ...... superb piece of wood and great finish, the compartments of the 8 watch box are sufficient for the largest of watches (eats my Benarus Sea Devil)

Thanks for the tip.

Stephen