closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: what accuracy of your Ronda 715 Li is?

Hybrid View

Craftsman

what accuracy of your Ronda 715 Li is?

Hi,

Firstly, if I am repeating an earlier topic please forgive me - I was looking for such kind of information but I have not found it.
    I have been checking the accuracy of 3 watches with the same movement (Ronda 715 Li) for 10 days.
    In case of two PRS-10s I have not noticed any deviation comparing to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ however my PRS-17Q lated 9sec that is almost 1sec / 24h. I know that 1sec is nothing and quartz movements might be yet less accurate (e.g. my hamilton khaki lated about 2 sec / 24h) and this is not a problem for me. I am just curious. So, what about your Ronda 715 Li?

Thanks in advance.
    J

We've got three of Eddie's Precista Quartz models in the house - my PRS18Q, oldest son wears a PRS17Q and my daughter has a PRS10. All of them run at about +0.5 seconds per day, so roughly +15 seconds per month. Well within spec for the movement and similar to my Seikos and non-radio controlled Casios.
    I've had a few Seikos with the 7C46 movement that were outstandingly accurate but most Quartz unless of the 'high end' variety will run about the same as the Ronda.
    Cheers,
    Steve

I have a quartz Hamilton Khaki Field running on an ETA which murders the performance of the Ronda.

Banned
    My PRS18Q is +10 or more per month. I was hoping for better.

My Smiths PRS40 with ISA quartz movement is about -1 per month. Outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    My PRS18Q is +10 or more per month. I was hoping for better.

My Smiths PRS40 with ISA quartz movement is about -1 per month. Outstanding.
    I've worn my PRS-40 for 6 months and the last time it was set was when the clocks changed. I've just checked it and it's -1 second.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've worn my PRS-40 for 6 months and the last time it was set was when the clocks changed. I've just checked it and it's -1 second.

Eddie
    Actually I'm talking out my ass, my 18Q is +5 per month which is fine.

Wow that's inpressive Eddie. Any idea how the ISA movement is so accurate? Is it just in the PRS40 that it's thay way due to some modification or something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Even without wearing it it stays very accurate I'm impressed I must say. (also with the watch in general).

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!