closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: what accuracy of your Ronda 715 Li is?

Craftsman

what accuracy of your Ronda 715 Li is?

Hi,

Firstly, if I am repeating an earlier topic please forgive me - I was looking for such kind of information but I have not found it.
    I have been checking the accuracy of 3 watches with the same movement (Ronda 715 Li) for 10 days.
    In case of two PRS-10s I have not noticed any deviation comparing to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ however my PRS-17Q lated 9sec that is almost 1sec / 24h. I know that 1sec is nothing and quartz movements might be yet less accurate (e.g. my hamilton khaki lated about 2 sec / 24h) and this is not a problem for me. I am just curious. So, what about your Ronda 715 Li?

Thanks in advance.
    J

Re: what accuracy of your Ronda 715 Li is?

Here are the manufacturer's specs -

http://www.ronda.ch/en/products/datashe ... ?cal=715Li

Craftsman

Many thanks!
    So, I have to observe my PRS-17Q - it might be that movement does not fulfill the specs. :? I will check it.
    J.

I have a 17C and 18Q. They're both ~1 sec a month.

My 18Q was the most accurate non-atomic quartz I ever owned. Like Glamdring's example, it was never off by more than a second a month.

Apprentice

My new 18Q seems to have gained about 2 seconds in the week and a half I've had it.

I set my PRS-10 and my 17Q to the same time over 2 weeks ago and they are still within a second of each other. :D

You have to remember that the performance figures quoted by manufacturers are "typical", not guaranteed.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    You have to remember that the performance figures quoted by manufacturers are "typical", not guaranteed.

Eddie
    "Instantaneous rate (T=25°C)..."

It also depends on the temperature.

Craftsman

On checking my PRS-4 (against my atomic casio) it seems to be running at about 2 seconds a week fast which I think extrapolates to being within spec.

Nick

Theodore41

Hi all.
    It is my first time being in your forum.
    I have a question about watches.
    I have just bought a cheap Citizen "diver" watch,the CITIZEN PROMASTER DIVER NY0040-09E SCHWARZ AUTOMATIK ,at Euros125.00,plus 10.00 postage,which is automatic,and I bought this,because of looks,while I like quartz type watches.
    Then,I read your comments about Precista watches,and I like the #17 quartz one.
    What about the more expensive Precistas?What are the main differences between the 17,and the expensive ones?
    I mean the quartz types.
    As I understand,you are satisfied from these waches.Am I wright?
    And a last one.
    Do you know something,about those super quartz Citizen Chronomasters,of +/-5sec, A YEAR?
    They sell them in Japan only, at prices of $2.000,00 and up!
    But they are soo good!

The 17C is Eddie's most expensive quartz so far though he has a superquartz in the design stage. I have a 17C and love it. A 12 hour quartz analogue chronograph is a rare beast.

The Citizen superquartz watches are beautifully finished and they charge you for them accordingly.

Master

It's accurate enough never to worry about it. I have a PRS-4 and a Precista PRS-10; just looked at the 10 after synchronizing my PC to atomic clock servers, and it is spot on - I believe I set it last some 5 weeks ago when I had to set the date (30 april > 1 May), maybe not even then. The PRS-4 is similar. I'd say that both are well within a second per week, possibly per month. They are definitely better than 'cheap' non-lithium quartz movements, if my Wenger Pilot quartz is any indication...

Hadn't checked the accuracy of my 17Q in a while. After a week of monitoring it is still spot on. It is the one to which I set all my other watches.

Rick

Theodore41

Hi.
    I asked the following question,in a Greek forum.
    "Why do you buy mechanical watches,cheap, or expensive,while their accuracy,is so low?Why somebody,goes to buy a tourbillon watch,giving many thousands of Euros,instead of buying a Grand Seiko,or a Citizen Chronomaster,with a +/-5sec a year, lack or gain?"
    They were upset,telling me stupid.
    I would hear your opinion,with pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore41
    Hi.
    I asked the following question,in a Greek forum. :lol:
    "Why do you buy mechanical watches,cheap, or expensive,while their accuracy,is so low?Why somebody,goes to buy a tourbillon watch,giving many thousands of Euros,instead of buying a Grand Seiko,or a Citizen Chronomaster,with a +/-5sec a year, lack or gain?"
    They were upset,telling me stupid.
    I would hear your opinion,with pleasure.
    because I like to see a sweeping second hand and because I love to hear the gentle tickticktick of a mechanical movement and the ratchety sound of an auto winding mechanism. A watch is so much more than about being just a time telling tool for me. But its a fair question.

My new 18Q appears to have gained 0.6 seconds in the last 24 hours so I've set it to the atomic clock and will test it for a few days. Three minutes a year seems excessive to me, does it to you?

I'd say give it a month and see how it does. Extrapolating based on such a short period will not be accurate since you can't know yet how temperature changes influence the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    I'd say give it a month and see how it does. Extrapolating based on such a short period will not be accurate since you can't know yet how temperature changes influence the movement.
    Thanks, I might just measure it once a month then.

Right I've timed it on day one and day nine and it has gained a total of 3.4 seconds in that time which equates to 0.377777 gain per day. That means a monthly gain of around 11 seconds or an annual gain of 2.3 minutes or 1.15 minutes per half year linked to the summer / winter time changes.

So well within the manufacturer's spec of +20 seconds per month
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 16th August 2015 at 16:55.

We've got three of Eddie's Precista Quartz models in the house - my PRS18Q, oldest son wears a PRS17Q and my daughter has a PRS10. All of them run at about +0.5 seconds per day, so roughly +15 seconds per month. Well within spec for the movement and similar to my Seikos and non-radio controlled Casios.
    I've had a few Seikos with the 7C46 movement that were outstandingly accurate but most Quartz unless of the 'high end' variety will run about the same as the Ronda.
    Cheers,
    Steve

I have a quartz Hamilton Khaki Field running on an ETA which murders the performance of the Ronda.

Banned
    My PRS18Q is +10 or more per month. I was hoping for better.

My Smiths PRS40 with ISA quartz movement is about -1 per month. Outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    My PRS18Q is +10 or more per month. I was hoping for better.

My Smiths PRS40 with ISA quartz movement is about -1 per month. Outstanding.
    I've worn my PRS-40 for 6 months and the last time it was set was when the clocks changed. I've just checked it and it's -1 second.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've worn my PRS-40 for 6 months and the last time it was set was when the clocks changed. I've just checked it and it's -1 second.

Eddie
    Actually I'm talking out my ass, my 18Q is +5 per month which is fine.

Wow that's inpressive Eddie. Any idea how the ISA movement is so accurate? Is it just in the PRS40 that it's thay way due to some modification or something?

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Actually I'm talking out my ass, my 18Q is +5 per month which is fine.

Wow that's inpressive Eddie. Any idea how the ISA movement is so accurate? Is it just in the PRS40 that it's thay way due to some modification or something?
    They are stock movements, not modified. I like the ISA movements but they cost a bit more than Ronda.

Eddie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Even without wearing it it stays very accurate I'm impressed I must say. (also with the watch in general).

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Here are the manufacturer's specs -

http://www.ronda.ch/en/products/datashe ... ?cal=715Li
    Here's a new link to the 715Li specs.
    Last edited by PickleB; 4th March 2016 at 12:07.

Banned
    An update on my PRS18Q. It has been +/- 1 sec in the past month or whatever date the clocks last changed. Superb.