closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SBDD001 kinetic Marine Master owners?

Master

Seiko SBDD001 kinetic Marine Master owners?

I know this model was thought to be too big, too expensive, butt ugly and oh for chrissake it's a kinetic when it was introduced last year. But since they will probably start appearing for sale second hand, I wanted to ask any owners here how they've liked them. I have seen some shots in the friday threads so I know you're out there! :wink:

A borrowed pic for those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Master

Re: Seiko SBDD001 kinetic Marine Master owners?

i have the black SBDD003 and had a look at Craig/jimmerjammers last week and dont like to admit it to him but prefer his as that one you can see more shape-detail on the case very nice it is. size wise 7 1/2 and fatter wrists and you'l be o.k.

no one asked, but heres a couple of my crap pics i took of both :D

karl

Master

Karl, I know this is CRUEL but... what would you consider to be the WORST thing about the watch? :D

Everyone can list 10 things they like about watches they own so I'd rather hear the downside(s) here.

The price of this beast is of course going to deter a lot of buyers, it's maybe a bit too close to the SD models to be hugely popular with the WIS crowd.

Master

not cruel at all, but probably no good asking me as i only buy stuff i really like or dont bother, one thing lume's average but then the orient spoilt me and you know what they are like youself. always sold/trade just to try others. but i'm keeping this one.

karl

Master

just remembered something, have a read of this, John linked this to a post in the strap section.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=178463

karl

Master

Thanks for the link there, it's not making decisions any easier that's for sure :wink: I would love a titanium diver and I really like the bezel on these but right now it doesn't seem like it's really worth it in the SBDD001 package :( It might have to be a Ti Sammy for me to start with.

Master

if i could pick one out of this lot it would have to be the spring drive Ti sami's nice i like them a lot but it wont cure the fever.

Master

You're probably right, however I have a very hard time liking the GMT hand on the SD ... or on most of Seiko's current GMTs for that matter but the SD one is the worst one :cry: